Artist

There's an artist in the family.

Classical music is playing in the background as Christian and his family paint in the entertainment room.

"Alright." Calvin announced to everyone. "Let's see what we've got." He walked around the art canvases to examine his childrens' work.

"What did you paint?" Sarah asked Christian to her right.

"I bet he painted a masterpiece." Ashley spoke to Christian's left.

Before Christian could speak, their father looked over them. "Not bad." He complimented Ashley's piece. "Your strokes are better this time." Ashley smiled as he peeked at Christian's painting. "Son."

"Yeah?"

"What is that?"

"A stick figure."

"And the mixed colors in the background?"

"It was supposed to be a cabin in the woods, but."

"And this stick figure is supposed to be?"

"That's Joe. He owns the cabin." Christian began blushing as his siblings sniggered at him.

"I see." Calvin said before clearing his throat. "I give you credit for trying." He patted Christian on the back before checking Sarah's art and finishing with Roger.

"Excellent as ever." Calvin praised Roger. "This is your best work thus far."

"Yeah. Yeah." Roger sounded bored.

"Are you sure you're not interested in hanging a piece in a gallery? I could make a few phone calls."

"Not again." Roger mumbled. "I've told you a million times already that I'm not interested in doing that."

Calvin sighed. "I just don't want you to miss out on an opportunity to share your talent with the world."

"No, thank you."

"Very well. But if you change your mind let me know." Calvin patted Roger on the shoulder.

"Master." Everyone looked up to see Troy covered head-to-toe with paint at the doorway.

"What happened to you?" Calvin asked him.

"Your grandchildren decided to have a paint fight. I tried stopping them, but got hit in the process."

Jessie jumped from her seat. "I'm so sorry Troy. Let me handle them while you clean yourself up."

"I don't get paid enough for this." Troy stated as Jessie rushed past him and Calvin escorted him right after her.

"Now that's settled." Jacob stretched his upper body.

"Finally." Roger breathed a sigh of relief as he stood from his seat.

"I thought my painting was bad." Ashley spoke as she observed Christian's work.

"It's not that bad." Christian said to her as the others gathered around to take a peek.

"Sorry bro, but that's the worst piece I've ever seen." Sarah agreed with Ashley.

"How is it you can dance and play instruments but you can't paint?" Jacob asked Christian.

"How should I know?" he hissed at him. "I can do theatrical arts but not art art."

"That's too bad." Ashley said. "I was hoping someone could give Roger a run for his money, but wasn't meant to be."

"Roger?" Christian asked.

Jacob smirked as Roger crossed his arms and looked away. "Just as you're the performer of the family. Our baby brother is the artist of the family."

"I hate it." Roger stated. "No matter what I draw, paint, sculpt, or even cut and glue it comes out perfect. And with dad wanting to share and sell my artwork annoys the heck out of me. Just looking at a statue downtown ticks me off."

"Ooh." Christian muttered.

"Ooh, what?" Roger asked Christian with an evil look.

"I didn't want to spoil anything, but Luna was going to invite you to a friend's art gallery opening this Friday."

"Luna was going to invite me to an art gallery?" Christian nodded making him sigh. "Guess I have no choice." everyone looked at him surprised.

"But you just said." Sarah started.

"Yes, I know. But if this is what Luna wants to do I'll do it."

Christian blinked at his baby brother. "You're not going to say anything?"

Roger glared at him. "Why should I? If I bitch and complain with everything I don't like but she does, I could lose her."

"But pretending could make you lose her faster." Christian said. "She hates people who pretend to be someone else. She would appreciate you being honest around her."

"Why do you know so much about her?" Roger is beginning to feel irritated.

"I don't know everything about Luna." Christian assured. "I just happen to know how people act around her especially with how famous she is and how she reacts to them."

Roger's nostrils flared before stomping out. "Please give it some thought!" Christian called out to him as the door shut.

A few hours later Roger is having dinner with Luna in a nice restaurant. "Do you have any plans this Friday?" Luna asked Roger.

"No, why?"

"A friend of mine invited me to the grand-opening of her art gallery and I want you to come with me." Luna explicated. "I figure we can greet everyone, grab a couple piggies in a blanket, then go catch an action packed movie."

Roger held Luna's hand in excitement. "You're awesome." He complimented her.

Luna couldn't help smiling at him as she squeezed Rogers' hand back.