Hawaii 2

Continuation to Hawaii 1.

A light breeze is blowing, torches are lit, Hulu dancers are swaying their hips, and lots of food and drinks are being served at the Luau.

Francesca and Christian are seated down on a blanket. She is watching as Christian is happily stuffing his face.

"Slow down before you upset your stomach."

Christian looked up with poi on his face and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry."

He picked up his Tiki cup and took a sip of Hawaiian punch. Out of the corner of his eyes, he sees John and Sebastian sitting in the corner wearing Polo shirts and khaki shorts. He couldn't help staring and placing his cup down, for he's never seen them dressed casually before.

Francesca followed his line of sight and exhaled. "Figures. I should've known my dad would be protective of me. It's sad though, they deserve to go on an actual date instead of babysitting us."

That got Christian's attention and he looked with wide eyes. "They are dating?" he asked incredulously.

She grinned. "You didn't know?"

He looked down sadly. "I'm always the last one to know anything. How long have they been seeing each other? John is always so rigid that I didn't know what his preference was, let alone dating someone."

"They met at the boarding school in England. They were good at keeping it a secret that even my father and I didn't know until graduation day. Man, were we surprised. But we're cool with it. They are so different. Despite having so much in common."

Christian is trying to distinguish the differences between his co-worker and brother when he heard, "Red panda!" they see Ken and Naomi smiling and waving at them.

"Ken? Naomi? What are you guys doing here?" he asked as they made their way over to them.

Naomi huffed. "It's nice to see you too."

Christian put his hands out. "It's not that I'm unhappy seeing you guys. I was just surprised is all."

 "It is the annual Vampire Business Convention." Ken answered. "Everyone comes to it."

Francesca cleared her throat. "Please join us. I insist."

"Don't mind if we do." Ken said as they took their seats.

The host of the Luau came out with a microphone in his hand. "Good evening everyone, and welcome to the best Luau in Honolulu. You are just in time to witness tonight's sacrifice to pay homage to our beloved Hawaiian spirits. We shall pick a lucky member from the audience. Tonight, we feel a person with red hair shall appease the spirits."

It took Christian a moment to realize that he's the only one in the audience with red hair, and his eyes widened. "Crud."

The host smiled and bent over to greet him. "Looks like we found you."

Christian smiled sheepishly. "Can I at least eat the last of my poi before you toss me in?"

He soon finds himself being whisked away as the audience is applauding. Francesca, Ken, and Naomi are laughing their butts off as John facepalms himself and Sebastian smirks.

As the locals are carrying him out he asked, "Are we really going to a volcano?"

They laughed. "Nah. We are just heading to the volcano water fountain up ahead. And for being a good sport, you get an all you can eat buffet coupon."

Christian's eyes lit up. "All you can eat. Now, that is worth getting tossed into a volcano. How long is it good till?"

After being 'sacrificed', Christian is happily reading his coupon on his way back to the Luau when he found himself lost in the woods. He looked around frantically. "Hello? Anybody here?" nobody answered him, and he began running around in a frenzy.

His panic was cut short when his cell phone rang. "Thank God!" he screamed in relief when he reached into his pocket and answered. "Hey. Where am I? Well." He's scratching the back of his neck and laughing sheepishly. "I have gotten lost in the woods while reading a coupon. Hey, it's an all you can eat coupon.

My surroundings?" He looked around. "All I see is trees and dirt. Don't laugh, or I'm staying lost. Turn into a bat. Francesca, you are a genius. Why didn't I think of that? Harihar. Be right there."

Concentrating hard, he transformed into a brown bat and is flapping high into the air and spotted where the Luau is located. But before he can fly over there, a net wrapped around him and yanked him back to the ground with a loud thump. He is screeching and flapping as a man dressed in overalls smirked at him.

"Gotcha." He said before stuffing Christian in a pest control van and taking off into the night.