Trick or Treat

What was Christian's first Halloween with his family like?

"No."

Christian's eyes widened. "What do you mean, no?"

Jason narrowed his eyes at him. "First off, you're still too young to drink. And second, you could be badly hurt because those brainless brutes will get rowdy."

Christian gawked back at him. "What are you saying? That I can't take care of myself?"

"Exactly." He said. "Face it Christian. You're a danger magnet that needs saving."

"That's it." Christian grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. "Just for that, I am going whether you like it or not."

"Don't you dare." Jason hissed out as Christian is walking away. "Christian!"

Halloween night arrived and a Halloween party at a frat house is in full swing.

"I appreciate you coming to help me drag my idiotic boyfriend out." Jason told Jacob as he eyed all the young people dressed up drinking and dancing to loud music.

"No problem." Jacob said. "Can't wait to see the look on his face when we snatch him up." They followed guests inside the house.

In another part of town, Jessie and Bryan are in a neighborhood decorated with All Hallow Eve decorations and lights as children trick or treat in their costumes.

Their kids are happily walking in front of them enjoying a few pieces of candy on their way to the next house.

"Not bad for our first trick or treating trip to the city." Bryan told his wife.

Jessie leaned against his shoulder with a huge smile on her face. "It is nice." She said. "I could see us moving here one day."

One of her daughters caught a scent in the air and followed it. Her siblings followed curiously, and caught their parents' attention.

"Children." They rushed after them in time to see the little girl approaching a purple unicorn that seemed taller than an average trick or treater.

"Uncle." She greeted and the unicorn turned around to reveal Christian holding a pillow case full of candy.

"Christian?" Jessie squeaked in surprise.

"Hi." He greeted enthusiastically.

"What are you doing here?"

Christian huffed in annoyance. "Jason kept busting my chops about going to this party, so with my life on the line, I opted to trick or treat instead."

Jessie and Bryan looked at each other. "Well, you're more than welcome to join us."

Christian threw his hands in the air and cheered before knocking and ringing door after door to collect candy.

An hour and a half later, Jessie, Bryan, and the kids escorted Christian to the entrance of the dormitory.

"Thanks for walking me back." Christian thanked.

"No problem." Jessie said. "And thank you for joining us. The kids enjoyed trick or treating with you."

Christian smiled and sparkled before hearing his name being called. Everyone looked over to see Jacob and ruffed up Jason stomping over to them.

"What happened to you?" Christian questioned.

Jason glared daggers at Christian. "You happened."

"What?"

"You heard me." Jason spat.

Christian gawked at him. "How is it my fault that you got ruffed up? I didn't even go to the party."

"That's how!"

"What?!"

"Mind telling us what's going on." Jessie said.

Jacob stepped up. "We went to the party to drag this goofball out and talk some sense into him, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. And then this guy Ron got in Jason's face and one thing led to another."

Christian blinked. "Wait. Ron went after you?"

Jason crossed his arms. "Yeah, cause he wanted to get his perverted hands on you and I wasn't having that, so we exchanged words, and then fists."

Jacob's lips twitched upwards. "I had to pry him away when Ron's friends jumped in, but let me tell you, Jason was kicking ass when it was just the two of them."

Christian looked down feeling guilty. "So, that's why you didn't want me going to the party."

"What do you think?"

Christian drooped.

Bryan coughed into his hand. "We'll just get going." He ruffled Christian's head. "Good luck."

Jacob stretched his arms. "Now that we found you, I'll be heading out too." Christian called out to everyone, but to no avail and stared dreadfully at Jason.

A few minutes later, Christian is dabbing Jason's face with a peroxide soaked wash cloth.

"Sorry." Christian apologized when Jason winced.

"You're lucky that I love you. Otherwise, I would strangle you."

"I said I was sorry." Christian said. "And I promise to call or text you the next time I choose to ditch a party."

"And you better not hang around Ron."

Christian sulked before Jason lifted his chin to make him look at him. "Okay." He muttered. "I promise."

Jason nodded in satisfaction. "Good. Now." He leaned in to kiss Christian.

"You're injured."

"So?"

"You never slow down, do you?"

"When it comes to you, no. Now," Jason is clinging to Christian. "I went through hell, and could use some attending to."

"Don't guilt trip your way into my pants." Christian whined but didn't pull away as Jason locked lips with him.