Movie Nights

Christian watches movies with his family.

Comedy: Soda is spit out as laughter racks Christian's body.

"C'mon Christian. It wasn't that funny." Sarah complained as the others are dabbing or smearing with napkins.

"It was hilarious." He shoved a hand-full of popcorn into his mouth before bellowing out with more laughter, and choking on a few popcorn kernels.

"Christian!" Ashley yelled out.

Jacob rushed over to give him the Heimlich. "Now that's funny." Roger chuckles as his immediate older brother continues squeezing from behind until Christian coughed up the kernels and gasped for air.

Horror: "Behind you. Behind you." there's a blood curdling scream on screen. "I warned her." Ashley mumbled.

"Throat slashed from behind. How predicable. Right." Jesse turns her head to the side to see Christian trembling with his hands covering his face.

"It's just a movie. It's just a movie." he's chanting before a pair of hands grabbed his shoulders making him jump and scream bloody murder.

The others jolted, and dropped their snacks and beverages in the process.

"What the heck?!" Ashley demanded as everyone glares at Jacob and Roger snickering and high-fiving one another as Christian hyperventilates.

"Why did you guys pick a spooky movie?" he asked tearfully.

Jacob put his hands out. "Don't look at us. John picked it."

Christian gawked at his eldest brother. "What?!"

John shushed him as he contently takes a bite out of a twizzler, making him tremble all the more.

Superhero: "And who's Thor again?" Ashley asked.

Christian groaned in agony. "He's the God of thunder that fights with the hammer."

"Oh." She said. "And the red guy is Flash, right?"

He stared wide-eyed at her. "What? No. That's DC. We are watching Marvel."

"What's the difference?"

"The franchise. And how can you think that Deadpool is the Flash? There's a huge difference."

"Excuse me for not watching much of these movies, and the fact they wear similar outfits."

As the two continued bickering, Jason whispered, "Are you going to tell him that you guys binge-watched these movies, and are just messing with him?"

"What do you think?" Roger asked with a smirk.

Jason rolled his eyes before getting up. "My butt is cramping, so I'm getting some more refreshments."

As he's walking out, Ashley gasped. "What? They were comics before the movies?"

"How can you not know?" Christian is ruffling his own hair, making the others grin wide.

Romance: Christian's sisters are watching intently as his brothers look bored out of their minds.

Christian is reaching into the chip bowl, when a pale hand touched his.

"Do you mind?" He asked annoyed. His boyfriend tightened his hold, making the chips crumble. "Jason." He whined before blushing when he closed the distance between them.

"Hold still." He instructed.

"Not here." He whispered as he feels his cheeks burning up.

Jason ghosted his lips over the corners of his mouth before pulling away. "Guacamole." He muttered.

"Seriously?" He asked before pretzels were thrown at him.

"Can you two love birds smooch outside?" Roger asked annoyed.

Christian pouted as Jason links arms with him. "Let's go make our own romance." Christian gave him the stink eye as he's being escorted out.

Foreign: "Can you replay that?" Calvin asked. "The subtitles are too fast."

His family grunted as they grab the remote to rewind the movie. "Why do you need to read the text? You speak fluent French." Tracy questioned.

"I may be getting rusty. Besides, it is a great way to test my new readers." He answered as he fidgets with the black glasses on his face.

"This is torture." Jacob whispered.

"I say we make a run for it." Roger whispered back.

They winced when Jesse and John pulled their ears. "Don't even think about it." She threatened.

They crossed their arms as their father requested another scene to be rewinded.

"It's a good plot. Just wish we could finish." Jason admitted.

They hear snoring, and see Christian curled up, and fast asleep.

"Like hell if we're letting you rest while we sit through this." Jacob gritted before whacking him hard enough to jolt him awake.

"Je suis reveille!" (I'm up!)

They stared at him. "You know French?" Ashley asked.

Christian is ruffling his own hair. "We've been watching this for so long that I picked up on a few words."

Their father mumbled something in French, and Christian responded, making their father beam.

"Okay." Ashley said. "I think an alien took Christian's place when we weren't looking."

Everyone is pondering as Christian learns and speaks to their father as he continues on.

Musical: Christian is happily humming in tune to the song as people sing and dance on screen.

He grunted in pain when Roger whacked him upside the head. "You're doing it again."

"I can't help it. Besides, that's what makes musicals fun." They stiffened when John placed his hand on top of their heads from behind.

"You guys are going to get it." Ashley whispered. John gave her a stare and she turned her head around swiftly.

Christian is sulking while Rogers's right eye twitches in annoyance as the movie continued.

Jesse cautiously handed a big bucket of popcorn to her children as she attempts to keep them from quiet, but will step in if John crosses the line.