Chapter Twenty-Five

"Ocean Electrics Café, how can I help you?" a warm voice greeted Kongpob over the phone.

"Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to prepay for a specific number of drinks for an employee of Ocean Electrics?"

"Sure. What drink would you like to pay for and how many?"

"Twenty cups of pink milk please."

"Alright, and who is it for?"

"Arthit Rojonapat. Can you give me the details for the transfer, I'll pay now."

"Perfect. I'll make sure he knows he has prepaid drinks."

"Thank you very much."

Kongpob hung up the phone and sighed. He'd just gotten to school and had a study period but his mind was not on his school work. In fact, all he could think about was Arthit. He had no idea how he was supposed to act now. He wanted to be present because they were still together but he also did not want to come off as pushy. Then again, he felt like Arthit wanted them to go back to the point in their relationship where things were simple and Kong just wanted Arthit to know that he would always take care of him.

Kong: Good morning P, did you get to work on time?

My Sun: I was late 😢 and of course John ratted me out to P'Danai. Fucking asshole. My head hurts and I'm hungry.

Kong: P, I had later classes today, you should have called me. I would bring you something to eat.

My Sun: I wasn't going to ask you to come clear across town to get me food Kong. You know that. I didn't sleep well so that resulted in me waking up late. It's my fault.

Kong: You need to eat something P. Please. 😭

My Sun: I'm going for a pink milk in five minutes. Don't worry.

Kong: Good.

Putting his phone down, Kong smiled and just waited. He was happy that Arthit was at least talking to him normally even if there was a giant elephant in the room when it came to their relationship.

My Sun: I just came back from getting my pink milk. I went to pay but apparently someone already paid for it for me. Not only did they pay for this cup, they paid for a total of twenty cups for me. I wonder what that's all about. Know anything about it?

Kong: hmm, that's interesting. But it's a good thing right? Free pink milk sounds good to me. I don't know anything about it.

My Sun: Kong, what'd I tell you about taking care of your money?

Kong could envision to face his boyfriend had when he was in scolding mode. It made Kong giggle even though he was most likely in trouble.

Kong: You told me that I could take care of you for certain things. I think it's important that I take care of you now more than anything. Don't worry about my money. I have plenty to do what I need to do. Besides, my mom is breathing down my neck wondering how I'm fixing things and if I don't report to her that I'm doing certain things to take care of you, she'll kill me P.

My Sun: Don't exaggerate Kong.

Kong: You've met my mother P. You know what she's like.

My Sun: Hmm yeah, she'll kill you.

Kong: haha exactly.

My Sun: Thank you Kongpob. Now every time I drink a pink milk at work, it will be especially tasty.