Chapter Two

When the sun caressed his cheeks, Kongpob slowly opened his eyes. His face felt dry and itchy where the tears had dried on his cheeks. His mouth was dry and he had a subtle headache. Nevertheless, he rose from bed slowly and went to prepare himself for the day. It was Saturday. Though last night had been disastrous, Kongpob was ready to start fresh. Saturday meant his P would be free. No work, no worries. Just the weekend. At the prospect of spending time with his lover, his mind was set at ease.

Like he did every other Saturday, Kongpob prepared himself to visit his P's new room. Since moving out of the university dorms, it had been harder for them to have date nights in each other's rooms, but they made it work somehow.

Stopping at his lover's favorite stall, he bought a minced pork omelet for himself and stir-fried basil with pork and rice and a fried egg for his lover. He made sure there were extra chilies and then he picked up an ice coffee for himself and pink milk for Arthit.

It was a short distance on his motorbike to get to his boyfriend's condo. It was a little after nine, so he knew there was no point in knocking. His P would still be asleep. Luckily, Arthit had given him the spare key after he'd moved in.

He easily entered Arthit's room, frowning at the mess he should have been used to. Sighing, he walked through the small entrance way then stopped at the dining area and placed the bags of food and coffee on the table. Before attempting to wake his P up, Kong cleaned the apartment, picking up random pieces of clothes, bringing in the laundry, and clearing out the garbage. Finally, he went into Arthit's room where he saw his lover sprawled out on the bed with his work clothes still on.

Did he just get home from work?

"P'?" Kongpob tentatively tapped Arthit in the arm. Of course Arthit was dead to the world. Kongpob leaned over Arthit, looking at him softly. He looked so peaceful sleeping but there were dark circles under his eyes.

Sighing, Kongpob ran his fingers through Arthit's hair gently. "What have they been putting you through?" he asked lowly.

"P'," he called out again, running his hands down Arthit's cheek.

Feeling his touch, Arthit's eyes squinted and he groaned lowly.

"Wake up," Kong called to him softly. His eyes went to Arthit's pink lips and he couldn't resist laying a small kiss to his boyfriend's mouth.

"Kong," Arthit grumbled, closing his eyes.

"Time to wake up P'," Kongpob said.

"It's Saturday. Go away," Arthit groaned.

"No can do P'. Wake up." Kongpob pecked him on the lips repeatedly until Arthit's eyes finally opened.

"Good morning P'," Kong flashed him a bright smile.

Arthit pushed his boyfriend off him. "It's way too early Kong." Arthit rubbed his eyes and shook his head, trying to fight away the sleep.

Kong waited, knowing sometimes it took a moment for his boyfriend to be completely aware of his surroundings. After a minute, Arthit's eyes widened and he looked sharply at Kongpob.

"Kong!" he shouted.

"Yes?" Kongpob asked.

"Last night I—I—" he searched for this phone on the bed and snatched it up. "I was going to text you but I—I just wanted to rest my eyes and then..." his words trailed off.

"It's okay P, you don't have to explain yourself. I can see with my own eyes how tired you are." Kong knew he was upset last night, but could he truly be upset when he could see how tired his P was? The fact that he even fell asleep wearing his work clothes was enough to let Kong know that Arthit wasn't intentionally ignoring him. His heart felt relief at that realization.