Chapter 34

Cameron's POV 

"Wait! Cam!" Aaron tries to call out for me, but I'm long gone.

I get in my car, tears already falling out of my eyes. I know there's nothing I can do to stop them anymore, I just accept that they are falling. I know he tried to call out for me, but in that state, tears already coming out of my eyes, I did not want to face him.

I'm now on a 2 game losing streak when it comes to going to Aaron's house. Two times I've left his house unhappy and this was not as bad, but it still hurt a lot.

Seeing him laugh like that should've made me happy for him, but he's not happy with me. 

He's doing fine without me.

Is he back with Jason?

Yet again, I have to pull over in the middle of the highway to puke out the window. I don't know what I'm gonna do now. I don't have a real plan for this scenario. I didn't plan out what I was going to do in the case that Aaron says no. 

He didn't technically say no, I just read the room. If he's happy with Jason, who is a great guy, I'm glad that he's doing alright I guess. And now my family is coming back in a couple days. I'm so excited. And even worse, I'm not gonna have my grandparents there as a buffer to prevent my parents from trying to fight me.

I can stand on business though. They can't do shit against me. I never knew my mom could be so hateful though, that really surprised me how much of an asshole she was when she learned I was not straight.

I finally get back to my completely empty house, and I try to come up with a plan to try to not have any conflict with my family. I know Jared probably doesn't give a fuck, so maybe getting him on my side might help me. I don't know though, he probably doesn't want any conflict with anyone either. 

3 days later...

It's just a couple days before my stupid ass family comes back home. I hope my grandparents talked some sense into them, at least my father. He is scared of my grandpa. It's kind of hilarious. My mom has always said that she doesn't respect my father's parents, so there's not really a chance that she changed.

I decided to call up the therapist guy and talk to him. He gave me the address of his office and I decided to go and talk to him. I need to talk to someone because this shit is seriously weighing down on me.

I get in my car, and the rain has not stopped since I got back home. It's so wet everywhere, it's like the way Cardi B describes her pussy in Los Angeles right now. I have only puked twice in the last two days, so that's a good thing I guess. I just wish I could talk to Aaron right now. I want so badly to apologize to him but if he's really that happy without me, then I won't bother him.

I park in a spot outside of the therapy office and go inside. It's a massive building, kind of surprisingly. I did not expect a whole ass tower, but I guess it's an important office. 

I find his room and wait outside for him to call me in and watch TikTok, effectively taking my mind off of my life for a short period of time.

"Cameron Patterson?" his secretary asks.

"That's me."

"Dr. Vincent is ready for you when you're ready," she tells me.

"Thank you," I smile and walk in.

"Good morning, Cameron," Dr. Vincent, which I guess is his name, says to me as I sit down on a chair in his office.

"Good morning," I smile.

"Tell me what's been going on since I last saw you."

I take a deep breath. "So, I decided to talk to Aaron. I made sure I looked good, I put on a really good outfit, I did my hair perfectly. I got there, and his mom opened the door for me, and the first thing I saw was him laughing on the couch with his ex boyfriend."