Chapter 33

Cameron's POV 

I have to wake up early as shit this morning to get the hell out of New York, so I'm already dressed and packed by 6:30 AM. I get all my luggage and go downstairs and I'm met by my grandparents sitting at the dining room table, waiting for me.

"Good morning, Cameron," my grandma smiles at me. "How'd you sleep?"

I slept terribly. I can't get Aaron out of my head. "I slept fine."

"You ready to leave?" my grandpa asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready. How am I gonna get to the airport?" I ask them.

"We have private drivers. Remember, we're rich. I'll get them to drive you to the airport," she replies, taking a sip of her tea.

"Thanks, grandma."

"I'm sorry, Cameron. I don't know what your father's problem is. He would always talk like this when he was your age. He was very homophobic, and, to be honest, I always thought it was internalized homophobia. He had mannerisms that made him seem gay," my grandpa says, chuckling. 

"Really?" I ask.

"Hell yes he did. He would always walk around, throwing his hips around and all of that. I was sure he was gay, but he found a wife, so maybe now he's just in denial."

"Anyways. I'm also sorry about your father. We raised him to run a business, not hate a massive group of people. I don't know where he got it from. Your mother's parents, however, are massive homophobes and it makes sense that she hates gay people. Maybe she rubbed off on your father a lot, but I'm not gonna make excuses for my son. He's an asshole, and I will be lecturing him all day, don't worry," my grandma says.

"Thanks," I say and I give her a hug.

"The car will be here in about 3 minutes, so be ready," she smiles at me and I nod. 

Soon enough, the car arrives and I say my final goodbyes to my grandparents and without saying a word to my parents, I leave. I breathe in the air of New York, which is in no way fresh, but with snow everywhere, it's really beautiful. The sun hasn't even come out yet either, so it's peaceful.

The driver drops me off at the airport, and I decide I'm not gonna be checking my bags. It takes way too long to wait for my bags to get in the carousel after getting off the plane. I walk into the main area of the airport, looking at the massive American flag in the middle, a bunch of seats, a Starbucks, some restaurants, all of that stuff.

I decide not to get anything yet. The flight is taking off in 2 hours, so I have some time. I sit down and watch TikTok on my phone. TikTok is kind of the thing I turn to when I have nothing else to do. When I'm bored as hell and want to easily waste an hour.

Eventually, an hour passes and I decide to get some breakfast for the plane. I get an egg sandwich and a bag of chips and then go to the bathroom so I don't have to go on the plane. My grandparents were nice enough to get me a first class ticket, so that's nice. 

I walk over to the person checking tickets. 

"How do you have a first class ticket?" the guy asks me.

"I didn't buy these, my grandparents did," I tell him.

"Really? How old are you?" he questions.

"I'm 18? Why do you care?"

"Never mind. You can board," he tells me, and I get on the plane. 

I sit down in my first class seat, which is nice as fuck, and put my earbuds in so I can listen to music the entire flight instead of just watching terrible movies. Soon, the person sitting next to me sits down next to me.