Chapter 38

A/N: Here's where the whole age inconsistencies start I wrote most of the early chapters before the guidelines were updated and kind of decided to stick with this storyline, just ignore any mention of their age before now.

Cameron's POV

I'm okay.

I'm alright.

I'm alive. 

I'm living with my future boyfriend.

My life is actually looking alright. I'm living with a family that loves me, and I love all of them. I feel like I belong somewhere for the first time in my life. 

I slept so well last night, I have not slept that well in weeks. I think it's because this house feels like a real home instead of a fucking castle. It's just so much easier to feel at home in a place like this, with people I love so much. 

I need to figure out my mental health. Aaron and I had a talk last night in the parking lot of the school that I really needed. I needed to see him, I needed to talk to him, and I did. I said sorry to him so many times, he told me it's fine. It's not though. I can't believe he still wants me after all the shit I said to him. 

He said he'll wait for me. 

He's literally perfect. I can't believe I didn't just ask him to be my boyfriend before all of that shit went down, because he would say yes. I love him so fucking much. It's almost unhealthy.

I leave my room, probably looking kind of dazed because I just woke up, and there is no bathroom in the guest room, so I don't know what I look like. I choose not to look in the iPhone camera because it always makes me look terrible. Whenever I think I look good, I turn on my iPhone camera and there I am, looking like a fucking ghoul. If I do use a camera to look at myself, it's the TikTok camera that always works well. It touches up my appearance or something like that.

The first person I see as I leave my room is Aaron, sitting at the kitchen counter on his phone. I smile at him and he looks up and smiles at me.

"How'd you sleep?" he asks.

"Great. I slept really well. Thanks for asking," I say.

"You can shower in my shower, I know there's none in the guest room," he says and I nod.

"Thanks."

I couldn't have asked for a more optimal situation than this. Once I finally feel ready mentally to ask Aaron to be my boyfriend, living with him already will be great. I won't have to sneak around and shit, the pressure will be completely off of me, and I can finally just start living an adult life instead of still feeling suffocated by my parents.

I walk into Aaron's room and memories hit me like a ton of bricks. That night is still something I will never let myself live down. I said sorry to him so many times, and he may have forgiven me, but I will never forgive myself. 

I'm just lucky that Aaron is still willing to stick with me despite how badly I treated him. That night wasn't the only memory that hit me hard. All the sex in this room. Aaron kept telling me how annoying it was that he had to switch out his sheets every other day because of what we did. 

All the nights I slept in his bed with him, cuddling with him and pulling him close to me. I thought I would never be able to be happy like that again, but now, the power to be able to be in that position again is in my hands.

I want to get in a better head space as soon as possible because I don't want to keep Aaron waiting forever. I also want to be with him as soon as possible, but if I rush into a relationship right now, I might ruin it by making a terrible decision.