Chapter 29

A/N: This is dropping the day after I dropped chapter 28. If you missed chapter 28 yesterday, read that before you read this. Enjoy!!!

Aaron's POV

I need to move on. I thought Cameron cared about me, but if he was really so quick to just throw me away like that, then maybe it is for the best that I won't talk to him ever again. I'll get over it quickly, hopefully. 

Except I'm terrible at getting over things. I still think about Jason. Oh. What about Jason? He's single I assume, he's in town, and I can ask him on a date and he would probably say yes. That's just what I need to get over Cameron. A date with the only other man I've ever loved. No that's stupid. I can't ask him out. Long distance relationships could never work with me, I need to be able to see the person I'm with.

I walk into school, my eyes still somewhat red from all the crying I did the previous night, but my positive attitude will get me through the day. Cameron was probably gonna hurt me at some point in the future anyway, he's a player. He's never really been in a committed relationship, so it makes sense that he would throw me away like that.

I really thought we connected though. We could talk about anything and it would be interesting, we would just yap for like a solid hour and not run out of things to talk about. 

"Hey Aaron," says Kai. "I need to tell you about some crazy shit that happened yesterday at Jax's house bro, it was wild."

"Tell me," I smile. Smiling is going to be tough for a while, but if anyone can get me to smile, it's Kai.

"So Cameron came over to Jax's house, I was there too, his dad came, and our parents all talked about merging our companies and Cam's dad said that he should marry Jax's sister. What a fucking idiot, right?"

That's just another thing that shows how little he cared about me. He was alright with just going to Jax's house right after he kicked me to the curb. I should've seen this coming weeks ago, it was really only a matter of time before something like this happened.

"Did he say he wants to date her?" I find myself asking.

"He didn't really say much about dating her, but Jax's sister is fine as hell. You have no idea bro. You probably haven't seen her around school that much because she's in all of the super advanced classes, but she is smoking hot."

That does not bode well for me. Why am I even thinking about him anymore? I told myself I'm gonna move on.

"That's crazy. What did Jax's dad say to that?"

"He called Cam's dad an idiot. Cam's dad is not like Jax's dad, Cam's dad is way more stuck up and obviously upper class. Jax's dad is lowkey a goofball," he replies as we continue to just walk around in the school pointlessly.

"That's hilarious. Did he leave?"

"Yeah, he left, but then everyone including Cam laughed at him."

He was clearly not sad about anything if he was so quick to just start laughing like that. He can just act like he didn't just throw another human being in the trash.

"That's hilarious bro. I'll see you at lunch," I tell him, walking into my first period class and pulling my hood over my head. Luckily, I wear hoods a lot, so no one can really tell that I'm sad or that my eyes are red because now they're shaded.

First period is just as long and fucking boring as I predicted it would be, with my teacher yapping for the entire class period about a couple of sentences in the book. I really dislike reading unless it's something I'm actually excited about reading because if it's not, then it's just so uninteresting and I have such a hard time getting into the book.