Chapter 16

Aaron's POV

Growing up, I never got attached to anyone other than my mother and Alicia. They were the only people in my life I knew would always be there for me. So far, that assumption was correct. Nothing has happened in my life that drove the two of them away. They have always been right with me through the shit that's happened in all of our lives, and I'm so thankful for them. They are by far the two most important people in my life, and even without a father figure in my life, I would say I still have a pretty stable family life. I don't think anything will change that. The three of us are so tight with each other, we won't let anything get between us. 

There are still issues outside of Alicia and my mom. 

Trust issues had always been prevalent in my life. My father leaving us when me and Alicia were so young really hurt me. I've grown up without a father essentially. I'm just lucky my mom was able to take that responsibility and really parent the two of us very well in my opinion. 

The other reason I don't get attached to people is zombie movies. I've always been smart with those movies. I watch countless zombie movies, but never do I let myself start to get attached or love a character, because there's always the very possible chance that they get killed. Most other movies are different stories, because in a comedy movie, I've never really seen a main character just die, so I can get more attached to those characters. 

Anyways, when I came out as bi to my family in my freshman year, my mother and Alicia were both extremely supportive. They were pretty surprised, which I don't blame them for being. I'm a football star, that's a role usually reserved for straight people. I also explained to them the fact that me being bisexual does not change who I am, and they understood. I have not changed anything about my personality since coming out, I've just dated guys. I've come close to dating girls, but they kind of scare me still. 

As a bisexual, I'm still wired like a straight guy, so I'm still much more comfortable around guys than I am around girls because I have similar interest as other guys and can carry a conversation with a guy better than a girl.

Obviously, none of those relationships really amounted to anything. My sophomore year, I got with this nice guy named Jason, and I really thought we clicked. And honestly, we did click. He was a year older than me, which was lowkey a huge turn on for me because I was able to snag an upperclassman. That's one of the coolest things I can tell people once I feel comfortable to tell them. I dated an upperclassmen as a sophomore. That's pretty cool honestly. 

Jason was on the football team with me. He played linebacker and was probably the best linebacker on our team, arguably the best player on the team. He was an absolute beast on the field, and he really got our entire team hyped before games. After games, me and him hung out a lot. 

We started out as pretty much just best friends, but he as well as the rest of the team knew I was bisexual. He knew this, and one night he told me that he wants to go to a movie with me. I said yes, obviously, who would say no to a 10/10 lightskin. We went to a movie, he kissed me on the first date, which really sent butterflies through my body, and it was great. We had a completely secret relationship, but we both agreed on it being a real boyfriend-boyfriend relationship. 

I thought I loved him, and I'm pretty sure he loved me as well. For about a quarter of my sophomore year, me and him dated and we were both extremely happy together. Yes, we did bang a lot, but that wasn't the reason I fell in love with him. He was just such a radiant, happy person that was just a ray of sunshine in my life. I needed someone like that in my life, someone that just loved me for who I am and someone I can love for who they are. It seems cliche, but it just felt right for the early stages of our relationship.