Chapter 12

Cameron's POV

I woke up early as hell this morning to the sound of my new baby sister crying. I have been able to get out of the duties of taking care of her a lot because of football, but today is Saturday, so there is no excuse. I'm gonna have to be the one to deal with her. I'm still somewhat sore from our game last night, but that's normal. I have built up a tolerance for hard hits in games, so they don't hurt as much as they used to when I was a freshman. At this point, the only real soreness I feel is in my throwing arm, specifically my shoulder. Going through the same motion, really fast, hurts after a while. 

I walk into her room and pick her up, cradling her in my arms. I look down into her eyes and she reaches up at me, trying to grab my hair, opening and closing her hands in my direction. She has my eyes, light blue. I smile at her and she giggles and quickly stops crying. I put her down for a moment, walk downstairs and grab a bottle for her to drink. She drinks the bottle and quickly goes back to sleep. She's cute like all babies, and I feel like she's gonna be a female version of me when I grow up. That's a good thing if that hasn't been made clear yet.

I put her back down in her crib and look at her for a moment. I have to be there for her because I have to be a good brother, even if I'm 18 years older than her. I could also just act like her uncle, I'm old enough to do that. Jared could be her other uncle easily, he already has a dad bod and everything, now he just needs terrible political viewpoints, which he could easily inherit being a student at USC and the son of a business owner and staunch Catholic.

I go back to my room and try to go back to sleep but my phone rings and I turn over and groan in the direction of my phone. I don't want to have to stay awake, it's the weekend I just want to go back to fucking sleep. 

Who the fuck is texting me this fucking early in the morning anyway?

Aaron:

I'm coming over today for the project, is that cool wit u

Cameron:

Sure whatever

Why tf are you awake so early

It's 5:00 AM

Aaron:

Internal clock ig

Cameron:

Why is your internal clock programmed to wake you up that early

Aaron:

I'm early to everything and I do a lot in the morning

Cameron:

Oh ok

See ya later

I have to admit, Aaron is growing on me, not just on my dick. I maybe should've given him a real opportunity to get to know him before I started really deciding that I disliked him because he's pretty chill, even when we're not fucking. It's like the combined efforts of the sex we have and our teammates unifying themselves has brought the two of us closer than we have ever thought we would be. Just in time also, we have one more chance to win a state championship, and we can't do that if the two of us are constantly arguing. 

I'm luckily able to go back to sleep for a couple more hours before I have to actually wake up and face the day. I go downstairs and I'm met by my entire family sitting at the table eating breakfast. Not these fucking monarchs again. I don't even know how to describe them, but they talk like they're trying to be British, but they don't sound British, they just sound rich.

"Good morning," says my dad. 

I've always kind of been annoyed by my dad. My family is super rich, and I guess he as the head of the family also has to be the snob of the family. I think Jared doesn't like his bullshit either, and my mother doesn't care anymore I think. Honestly at this point she's probably just in it for the money, which is plentiful.