𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗪𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗪𝗮𝘀𝗽𝘀.

Season four: Episode Seven.

The Unicorn and the Wasp - Part Three.

- ~ -

"Just think," The Doctor chimed, completely sure of himself, "What else happened Thursday night?"

He turned to the Reverend. His eyes gleamed with interest and Lynnette knew he'd already priced together the whole thing. Now, he was just waiting for a confession, irrefutable evidence of who the wasp was.

"I'm sorry?" The Reverend murmured.

Lynnette sighed.

There was no getting out of the Doctor's will when he had his sights set on you. She'd seen many try and none succeed.

"You said, on the lawn, this afternoon. Last Thursday night, those boys broke into your church," The Doctor pressed.

The Reverend swallowed, slowly nodding, "That's right. I did. I discovered the two of them. Thieves in the night, I was most perturbed. But I apprehended them."

Lynnette snorted, "I thought thieves carried weapons, knives at least."

"Really?" The Doctor hummed accusatorily, "A man of God, against two strong lads? In his forties. Or should I say, forty years old, exactly?"

Forty years since Eddison met her dear Christopher. Forty years since he died. Forty years since she'd given her baby away.

A shrill gasp left her lips, strangled and choked, "Oh, my God!"

The Doctor turned to her, "Lady Eddison, your child, how old would he be now?"

"Forty," She whimpered, "He's forty."

Her eyes darted to the Reverend who'd she'd always felt a connection to, who she'd always got along with, who had always been her son, standing in plain sight.

"Your son has come home."

What a cruel trade-off, Lynnette couldn't help but think. The death of the son she'd loved and known for the return of the son she'd loved and lost.

Panic glittered in the Reverend's eyes, "This is poppycock!"

Amusement stretched across the Doctor's features, carefully disguised by scrutiny, "Oh? You said you were taught by the Christian Fathers. Meaning, raised in an orphanage!"

"My son...Can it be?" The hope in Lady Eddison's voice cracked Lynnette's heart.

"You found those thieves, Reverend," The Doctor hummed.