𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗪𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀.

Season four, episode seven:

The Unicorn and the Wasp- Part one.

- ~ -

The Doctor leaned against the doorframe, watching Lynnette quietly, eyes tracing over her figure. He took in the paleness of her cheeks, the brittleness of her nails and the dullness of her eyes. It was disturbing to see such brilliant fire fizzle out.

She hadn't been the same since Jenny had died.

Unlike the Doctor, she had not known the pain before, she didn't know how to move forward with like he did. It broke his heart to watch her mourn the child they'd only known for a few short hours. It made the ache in his chest swell so much he was almost unable to ignore it.

He hated seeing her like this.

So, he resorted to what he had done when Rose was banished to another dimension and sought an adventure that would no doubt distract her. He had no clue where they were going or what time they would be in. He just needed something to put a smile back onto her face.

"Are you just going to stand there like a lemon?" Lynnette called, voice soft.

The Doctor smiled gently, at least her humour had begun to return to her, "Course not, love."

He moved towards her swiftly, like a magnet being pulled to its other half. His hand curled around her shoulder, thumb rubbing it soothingly as he purchased on the edge of the cushioned seat. Lynnette sighed, eyes fluttering closed at the famialr comfort, "How are you?"

"Alright," He responded quietly, "And you? Are you alright?"

"I will be," She murmured, gaze seeming foreign, far away. It always did these days, like there was something else on the horizon of her eyesight, calling her to follow it and abandon all world connections.

The Doctor dreaded that she'd follow whatever she was looking at and leave him behind.

He hummed lowly, "Take all the time you need."

She smiled at him, "You had an idea, didn't you?"

He nodded, a shade of bashfulness rising to his cheeks as his lady understood him so easily, "I thought a random adventure might be good for us, get us out and about."

Lynnette nodded in consideration, "As long as we stay on Earth and go into the past. I don't want to deal with the machines of the future for a while."

I don't want to risk dealing with the same kind of machine Jenny was made from.