𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿.

Season three, episode six

The Lazarus Experiment - Part two.

- ~ -

DIsgust and terror curled inside Lynnette's stomach like a leash being yanked as the monsterous form of Lazarus rose to its full height. His skin, -if you could even call the monster a him- was an ashy grey that seemed flaky and slimy at the same time. Giant claws twisted grotesquely and something akin to a tail appeared alongside another pair of arms - for a moment Lynnette could have almost thought of him as a gaint scorpion. But no scorpion was so terrifying.

From the giant chest in which each bone was pushing against the confines of the ugly skin,
Lazarus lifted his head and that was perhaps the worst part. In some twisted, demented way, Lazarus' face had some semblance of a human.

Tish was the one who managed the first words and they were muttered in her terror, "What is that?"

Lazarus whose face seemed even more human now, with eyes and ears and a nose and mouth, was staring at them, a ravenous hunger blaring in his eyes.

"Run!" Yelled the Doctor suddenly.

And so they did, sprinting with a newfound fear. A startled feeling erupted in Lynnette's chest then, it was one thing running from people that wanted to kill you or imprison you but it was entirely different to run from something that wanted to eat it.

Nothing could ever compare to the feeling of being hunted.

Bursting back into the building, the Doctor locked the door with his sonic.

"Doctor!" Lynnette screeched as the monster banged on the door, groaning in what must have been hunger. That type of hunger makes you feel like your stomach is eating itself and it hurts so much you'd eat everything and anything.

Quickly, he made his way to the woman who stood at the lift, desperately waiting for it to come and allow them an escape. Martha let out a huff, grasping her sister's hand, "Are you okay?"

Tish stared out, a sick, disbelieving expression on her face as she all but gasped, "I was gonna snog him!"

Lynnette let out a breath, "He might be just a bit worse than the drunken snog."

A small, brief smile appeared on Tish's face.

Then, like the fates above were mocking them, the lights went out and a whispered protocol sounded from a robotic voice, "Security one."

Sirens bared in their ears as they looked around in the thick, wisping darkness. Lynnette clutched the Doctor's hand in her own, herding him and the sisters behind hers as her gaze pierced the shadows. She could somewhat see through them, better than the rest of them no doubt, and was searching for the monster of Lazarus.