𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲.

𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗧𝗼 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲.

Season three, episode five:

Evolution of the Daleks - Part two.

- ~ -

The Doctor had been working swiftly, erratic mind frantically trying to solve all of his problems at once. He didn't want to turn humans into Daleks but he didn't want the Daleks to damage the entire world. Standing in the middle of a labyrinth of difficulties was more challenging than the Doctor cared to admit.

Not aloud, at least. But Lynnette knew him so well she never needed him to say the words.

He leaned against her side as he stared at an array of chemicals swirling in a flask, groaning in annoyance, "There's no point in chromosomal grafting, it's too erratic."

Lynnette sighed, nodding softly, "So what are you thinking instead?"

The Doctor furrowed his brows for a moment before shooting up, gently pulling his partner along with him as he exclaimed, "We need to split the genome and force the new Dalek-Human sequence right into the cortex."

Sec lifted his head, "We need more chromatin solution."

"The Pig Slaves have it," Spoke one of the Daleks.

And like a command had been given, the pigmen came walking, holding giant crates in their hands. Lynnette went rigid when she noticed the one standing in the middle. More human than animal. A human that was supposed to be with Martha, Frank and Tallulah. 

Laszlo.

She let out a slow breath, carefully asking, "These people," Lynnette refused to let them dehumanise them any further, "What happens to them in the long run?"

Se merely stared at her, the answer obvious to him, "Nothing. They're just simple beasts. Their life span is limited. None survive beyond a few weeks."

Briefly, Lynnette met Laszlo's eye and knew that he knew what was going to happen to him. There was a certain melancholy understanding in his eyes, he knew his quickly nearly fate and that there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Sec remained oblivious, turning to his subordinates, "Power up the line feeds."

They did as ordered while Lynnette a the Doctor slipped behind one of the giant structures they had built where Laszlo stood. Laszlo sent them a look, almost s if begging them not to question him, to let him know his end in silence because perhaps if it wasn't admitted aloud then it would never come.

"Laszlo..." Lynnette breathed quietly.

He swallowed softly, "Tallulah, Martha and Frank are here, they should be heading up the floors to try and find out more."