𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻.

Season three, episode four:

Daleks in Manhattan - Part one.

- ~ -

"Where are we?" Martha chirped as she stepped out of the Tadris doors onto the very green grass. Lynnette smiled, it had been cemented now, Martha would be travelling with them, she was far too entranced to leave.

An immediate salty scent hit Lynnette's nose and she grinned, they were near the sea. She wondered what mad adventure would await them this time and there would certainly be an adventure.

The Doctor smirked, stepping out, "Ahh, smell that Atlantic breeze. Nice and cold, lovely!"

Lynnette shook her head in amusement as she closed the Tardis doors behind her, easily welcomed by the wisping of fond winds. She laughed lightly, eyes glinting in amusement, "Cold for you."

Martha furrowed her brows, "You aren't cold? It's so windy!"

The Doctor grinned pridefully as he wrapped an arm around Lynnette's shoulders, "Lynnette doesn't get cold, ever. Honestly, she's like a hot water bottle."

"Oi!" Lynnette gasped in mock offence, hitting her love's arm.

He chuckled smoothly, pressing a kiss to her temple, "And I say that in the most loving way possible."

Lynnette rolled her eyes playfully, "You're like a ferret," She smirked, pulling away with a sly look in her eyes, "And I say that in the most loving way possible."

Martha laughed loudly, putting a hand over her mouth to try and muffle her snickers as she saw the most offended look possible appear on the Doctor's face. He clicked his tongue, tussling his hair as he walked forward, "Martha, have you met our friend?"

Finally, the woman took notice of the gaint statue towering above them. She let out a gasp, stepping backwards as she exclaimed, "Is that-Oh, my God, that's the Statue of Liberty!"

Lynnette smiled, staring at the green woman with a soft smile, "Isn't she beautiful?"

The Doctor nodded in agreement, grinning brightly, "The gateway to the New World," And just to show off like the show off he was, he repeated what was written on the statue, "'Give me your tired, give me your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free.'"

"Smug bastard," Muttered Lynnette playfully, fluttering her eyelashes at the Doctor.

He ignored the redness flowing to his cheeks and forced a cool, roguish facade and winked.

Lynnette snorted, "You're a bit pink there, Darling."

"Is that a challenge?" He narrowed his dark brown eyes.