𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗧𝗼 𝗙𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

Season three, episode five:

Evolution of the Daleks- Part one.

- ~ -

Lynnette felt the Doctor's hand shake in her own, horror contorting his chest, seizing his heart like it was the throne to a kingdom that had been brutally invaded. And indeed it had been. The Doctor's heart loved humanity. They were in some way his people. His terrible and brilliant, destructive and creative, challenging and wonderful people. They were his. His.

And they were being infected by the disease of hateful Daleks. The Doctor refused to let the infection spread, he'd cut the head off of the snake here and now and Lynnette, by his side, would burn away the disease until it wa shrivelled and nothing but a dusty memory.

Squeezing his quivering hand tighter in her own, Lynnette glared at the Daleks before her and the abomination one of them had become.

For a moment the silence was so thick Lynnette thought it could be tied around her ankle as a weight so it could stop her from swimming up and out of the water daring to try and drown her. 

Then, like the fragile, weak crack of a whip, Sec spoke, his voice so grating it made her want to tear off her ears, "These humans...will become like me. Prepare them for hybridisation."

Oh, no fucking chance.

Lynnette was on the verge of snarling as the Doctor pulled her away, weaving around the large equipment the woman wanted nothing more than to set fire to.

The squeals of the pigs were loud but Martha's shouts were louder, "Let me go! Don't you dare!"

Quickly, the Doctor darted to an old radio in the corner of the room and with a sly, almost malicious grin, he pointed his sonic towards it and music began to play, an otherwise cheerful tune now daunting in the face of the Dalek's confusion.

Sec spoke once again, "What is that sound?!"

With a shared nod, the Doctor twirled Lynnette into the sight. The woman laughed as she glared at the Daleks, smirking, "For a species that claims to be the smartest creatures in the universe, you must be really stupid if you don't know what music is!"

A chuckle fell from the Doctor's lips, "If you couldn't tell, that was us. Hello, surprise! Boo! Et cetera."

"Do try to die of shock," Lynnette mused, spite dripping off her tongue like liquid fire.

"Doctor, Lynnette," Breathed Sec, his one eye winding and Lynnette had the sudden urge to poke it.

"The enemies of the Daleks!" One of the Daleks exclaimed.