𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀.

 Season three, episode seven:

42 - Part one.

- ~ -

Martha had started with them. The three of them had grown far too close to separate now and Lynnette hoped they wouldn't separate for a long time. Martha Jones was good for them, kept them in check, and kept things human; that was what Lynnette loved about her.

Rolling her shoulders back, Lynnette leaned against the Tardis' console and let out a breath, "You should do that thing with Martha's phone so she can always have a signal."

The Doctor lifted his head,m agrin spread across his lips, "Good idea, Firefly! Martha, pass me your phone."

Narrowing her eyes, Martha hesitantly gave the Doctor her phone, suspicion leaking from her voice like thick, rushing rivers, "What exactly are you going to do with it?"

"You'll see," Hummed Lynnette as the Doctor ran his sonic screwdriver across Martha's phone, a practice done so many times it was basically second nature now.

A loud beep sounded through the Tardis and the Doctor nodded,d a bright smile painting his rosy lips, "There you go! Universal roaming. You'll never have to worry about a signal again."

Martha caught her phone as it was thrown to her, eyes going wide as the words of the Doctor registered in her mind. She shook her head, disbelief coursing through her as she gasped, "No way! That's too mad. You're telling me I can phone anyone, anywhere in space and time on my mobile."

Lynnette laughed, "Yep, Rosie got a call from her mother when we were in the year five billion and the day the Earth exploded."

"What?!" Exclaimed Martha.

The Doctor smiled playfully, "As long as you know the area code! Frequent flyer's privilege<" Martha looked down at her phone, excitement glittering in her eyes and the Doctor chuckled, "Go on, try it."

But she never got the chance.

Rapidly beginning to shake, the Tardis threw all of her passengers into the air for a moment before a sound came from the screen on the console. Lynnette clutched the railing, heart fluttering in shock before she darted towards the Doctor's side. 

Whatever happened didn't usually happen but she'd experienced it enough times to understand exactly what it was.

The Doctor furrowed his brows as he stared at the screen, beginning to speak, "Distress signal! Locking on might be a bit of..." Another tremendous shake shot through the Tardis, "... Turbulence. Sorry."