𝐖𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝗪𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode ten:

Blink - Part two.

- ~ -

Heavy breaths filled the air. Weighted with paralysing fear. Consumed with terror. Trapped with suspense. It felt like water lurked in their throats and aimed to choke them and drag them beneath the waves where they would never see the sun shining across the world in its radiance ever again.

The thought was almost enough to make Lynnette want to ignite the darkness with her fire. Stone may not be easily burnt by fire but Lynnette was no ordinary fire, not in the slightest. She clenched her jaw and tried to steady her erratic heart but it would not, faltering and tremoring.

A deep breath was taken in, she allowed it to bubble in her chest and sweep across her body. To do or to die. Even if fear clutched at her hands like a vengeful little creature and tried to keep her still she would force her legs to move. She would force her body to push forward, force her heart to hammer to the thunder of war.

The trio stumbled slightly in their tight circle. Martha let out a sound of momentary fear before it slipped into irritation. Lynnette allowed her jumping mind to ease for just a moment, if Martha was annoyed it meant she hadn't seen another angel and by the Doctor's sheepish movements, she could guess what happened.

"Seriously?" She murmured into the darkness that threatened to encase them in a sickly embrace that would spin them into the loving arms of death.

A small, gentle huff found its way through the Doctor's lips as he muttered, "Sorry, there was a rock on the floor."

"I'm gonna throw a rock at you in a minute," Grumbled Martha sharply and Lynnette imagined the most furious glare upon her face. Such a shame she couldn't see it, it would make everything so much better.

Instead, she was stuck peering at the shadows in wait for a stone soldier to reach out for her and her flesh. She wondered briefly if the angels wanted blood. She doubted it. Why send someone to 1969 if you wanted to feast on crimson wine? How do you send someone to 1969 without a time machine?

Lynnette sighed gently, her desperation to escape the once intriguing house growing by the second, "Come on. Let's hurry up and get out of here. If I stare at these shadows for long enough I'm going to find something staring back at me."

"I know how you feel..." Murmured the Doctor and just from his voice Lynnette knew his mind was somewhere else, swirling with ideas and theory and whatever else a man like the DOctor thought about.

Martha hummed, "Yeah...Word of warning, we're almost at the staircase."

"Shit," Lynnette snarked. Walking backwards was difficult when it was on level ground, she didn't even want to imagine what it would be like going downstairs. Stairs that had to be at least a century old and could only handle so much pressure before they gave out and collapsed.