𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱.

Season three, episode  thirteen:

Last of the Time Lords - Part Two.

- ~ -

When Lynnetet woke up, it was to a room. It made her heart stutter because for a moment she thought it was her room in the Tardis. Then she realised she didn't feel the warmth of the Tardis and knew that everything that had happened wasn't just some foolish nightmare.

She shot up, eyes wide as she looked around the room, it was simple but elegant, the bed she was on covered in deep red silk. Her breath caught in her throat as she tried to get p from the bed, only to yelp in pain.

"Oh, no, no, don't move," Slightly cool hands cupped her face, "One of my silly little soldiers forgot to use tranquillizers instead of real bullets."

That voice.

It froze Lynnette to her very core.

No.

No.

Disgust crawled along her skin and she tried to bat him off. Tried to bat the master away from her, wrenching his hands from her cheeks. She thrashed and thrashed, hands twisted like claws as clutched his arms.

She called to her fire but it didn't come.

Like a candle snuffed out.

Lynnette made a noise of horror.

"Oh yes. After your little display, very impressive, by the way, I thought it best you wouldn't be able to summon your fire when under my care," Hummed the Master, his voice sounded caring, sweet but Lynnette saw his eyes, smug and vindictive as he glanced at the cuffs on her hands.

She glowered with all the hate within her.

A put shifted onto his lips, "Now, don't give me that look. I saved your life, did I not? None of these silly little humans is smart enough to treat you correctly."

"Because you killed all the ones that could," Lynnette hissed.

The Master furrowed his brows, tilting his head, "I would say you as self-righteous as my fellow Time Lord but I remember that threat you gave to your family and I know you mean it. You're none to opposed to shedding blood."

Lynnette scoffed dryly, "I never have been."

He tilted his head, almost fascinated, "How could someone so against killing be with someone  all too ready to deal the final blow?"

Lynnette stared at him intensely, "If it looks like art, anything can be justified."

The Master's eyes glinted, leaning closer, "You are most fascinating, dear Lynnette."