𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝗔𝘀 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻 𝗥𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀.

The Runaway Bride - Part two.

- ~ -

The lift opened to a dark, wet hallway with emerald green lights. 

Lynnette shifted nervously, despising the quiet squelch her feet made as she stepped out into the corridor, cringing at the dampness that clung to the soles of her feet. The Doctor smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I should've brought you some shoes."

She shook her head softly and grasped his warm hand, "Don't worry."

Donna looked both ways, only seeing the curves of the hallway as it continued on out of sight, "Where are we? What goes on down here?"

Lynnette narrowed her eyes when Lance pulled at his collar, gaze darting around awkwardly.

"Let's find out," Hummed the Doctor.

"Do you think Mr Clements knows about this place?" Donna continued to question, careful not to let the fringes of her dress be dirted by the grime that littered the floors thickly.

The Doctor tilted his head, "The mysterious HC Clements. Oh, I think he's a part of it."

"Watch him be one of my father's friends from his dart club," Snarked Lynnette, skin sparking with a sensation foreign to her. She tensed.

The Doctor caught it immediately and whispered, "What is it?"

Lynnette shifted slightly, "I don't know. Something's just...just keep an eye out. I think someone already knows we're here."

He nodded, a grin suddenly appearing on his face, "Oh, look! Transport!"

And Lynnette couldn't keep the grin off her face either.

Especially when the four of them were zooming down the winding hallway on large motorised boards. She cast a look at Donna, lips curling, desperately trying to laugh. Donna's face was going red as she tried to do the same.

The silence was too much.

Both women burst out laughing.

The men looked toward them, Lance with a face of judgement and the Doctor with one of amusement. 

Lynnette snorted loudly, Donna cackled at the noise and he couldn't hold it in anymore, laughter spilling from his mouth as the three cast glances toward one another constantly. Lance remained silent.

As they laughed loudly, Lynnette momentarily forgot about the wretched feeling in her heart and about her best friend, lost to another universe. 

Who else would she lose?