𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁.

Season three, episode six

The Lazarus Experiment - Part one.

- ~ -

The Tardis shook as the Doctor and Lynnette darted around the console, flicking switches and pressing buttons as Martha clung to the railing, trying ot to slip over. Still, the woman was amazed by how easily the two moved around the tremoring spaceship.

Lynnette caught her eye and grinned, "It gets easier over time."

Slowly, the Tardis stopped and the Doctor laughed, his bright eyes gleaming, "There we go. Perfect landing. Which isn't easy in such a tight spot."

Pressing her hands to Martha's shoulders, Lynnette whispered, "Don't be surprised if we're in the middle of the French Revolution. The Doctor tends to get a bit lost."

Martha smiled, amsument dancing across her face as she hummed, "Well, you should be used to tight spots by now! Where are we?"

"The end of the line, there's no place like it," Spoke the Doctor and Lynnette suddenly realised where the Doctor had taken them.

Martha ran towards the Tardis doors, stumbling slightly as she looked around, disappointment flooding through her. Lynnette and the Doctor stepped out after her, into a flat full of household items that just seemed like Martha.

"Home," Huffed the woman, a feeling of disbelief going through her, "You took me home."

The Doctor smiled simply, "Back to the morning after we left. So you've only been gone for about twelve hours, no time at all, really."

Martha stared at the Doctor with wide eyes, "But all the stuff we've done...Shakespeare, New New York, Old New York!"

"Yep," Mused the Doctor, glancing at some childhood photos, "All in one night."

"A lot more could given more time," Lynnette spoke, staring intently at the Doctor.

Humming in agreement, the Doctor put his hands into his pockets, "Relatively speaking. Everything should be as it was. Books, CDs...Laundry. So, back where you were. As promised."

"This is it?" Martha questioned, an edge to her voice.

"Yeah, we should probably, um..." The Doctor spoke, trailing off when he saw Lynnette's glare.

Suddenly, Martha's phone beeped and her voicemail echoed.

'Hi, I'm out. Leave a message!'

The woman flushed slightly, "I'm sorry."