𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴.

Voyage of the Damned - Part Three

- ~ -

Mr Copper strode up to the four as they quickly ate the pastries Astrid had saved them. He had a light smile on his face as he spoke, "It must be well past midnight, Earth time. Christmas day!"

"So it is Merry Christmas," Smiled the Doctor.

"Merry Christmas," Chimed Lynnette and Jack in unison, gently nudging one another's shoulders as they shared matching grins that could only be to a pair of old friends.

Astrid tilted her head curiously, "This Christmas thing, what is it all about?"

"Long story," Answered the Doctor, "I should know, I was there. I got the last room."

Jack blinked, "What?"

Lynnette snickered, "Mary and Joseph had to go to the stables because all the rooms at the inn were full."

"What?!" Jack choked, eyes widened astronomically, so wide he could see all of the atoms in the universe.

Mr Copper stared at the trio in confusion before leaning forward and asking, "But if the planet's waking up, can't we signal them? They could send up a rocket or something."

"How much do you want to bet someone on my family would be on one of them," Muttered Lynnette to Jack who snorted in response.

The Doctor rolled his eyes softly, gently pinching Lynnette's waist as he answered the old man's question, "They don't have spaceships."

Mr Copper furrowed his brows, tilting his head to the side as he disagreed, "No, I've read about it, they have the shuffles. Space shuffles."

That sounded an awful lot like space shuttles.

Leaning forward, the Doctor let the question flow off his lips, "Mr Copper, his degree in Earthonomics, where's it from?"

The man paused, a hint of embarrassment flickering in his eyes, "Honestly?"

Lynnette smiled, "Yeah, you still put in the work to get a degree."

"That's nothing to be ashamed of, old chap," Jack agreed earnestly.

The Doctor nodded to his companions, "Just between us."

Mr Copper shifted, drawing closer as he hummed, "Mrs Golightly's Happy Travelling University And Dry Cleaners."

As the man rubbed his face with the cloth Astrid handed him earlier taking a  seat beside them, Atsrid leaned forward, eyes glittering with surprise as she questioned, "Did you...Did you lie to the company? To get the job?"