𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗳𝗳 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰.

Season three, episode three:

Gridlock - Part two.

- ~ -

The clang of metal echoed in Lynnette's ears as her knees smashed into the car below the one they had jumped from. From beside her, the Doctor grunted, a cough escaping his lips as he squinted his eyes, despising the fumes that attacked him.

Lynnette gently hit the hatch, gaining her love's attention easily. He nodded, yanking out his sonic as he quickly worked to open the entrance to the car. Both of them tried to ignore the way their throats were slowly closing up, the toxic gas creeping inside.

"Capsule open."

Without hesitation, the pair jumped into the car, relishing in the breath of fresh, clean air that flooded their lungs.

In an instant, the driver who had skin literally as white as snow, snapped his attention towards them, "Who the hell are you?"

"Sorry, Motorway Foot patrol," The Doctor hummed.

Lynnette smiled at his suspicious look, "It's a new job, lots of trial and error."

The Doctor nodded, flashing a well-practised grin, "We're doing a survey. How are you enjoying your motorway?"

As the pair moved towards the hatch on the floor, the man spoke, all hesitance removed at the chance to complain, "Well, not very much. Junction five's been closed off for three years!"

"Capsule open."

Lynnette tried not to let her relief show as she bowed her head in acknowledgement, "Thank you for your time."

"Yes, thank you. Your comments have been noted. Have a good day!" Hummed the Doctor, grinning as he swung his legs over the side once more.

Grasping his hand, Lynnette nodded and with that they jumped down to the next car, wobbling slightly. A cloud of fuel practically choked Lynnette as it flooded past her face, sickening. She groaned slightly, after this she wanted to go to a nature planet where there was no fuel anywhere.

Once again, the Doctor pointed his sonic towards the hatch of the new car, waiting for it open and allowing them to escape the monsterous fumes.

"Capsule open."

And thus the montage began.

"Your comments have been noted and shall be sorted out as soon as possible," Lynnette told the two women, playing into the act she and the Doctor had taken while he opened the hatch to get to the next car where the same conversation would no doubt take place.