𝐋𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

𝗟𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗼𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode eleven:

Utopia - Part one.

- ~ -

Lynnette sashayed into the console room swiftly, swinging herself onto the single chair as she sipped the strawberry milkshake she had made with the help of Lovely. She watched as the Doctor ran around the console, landing the Tardis as Martha furrowed her brows, trying to figure out where they were.

The woman huffed and threw her hand into the air, "All right, I give up! The universe is way too big to guess where you've taken us. Just tell me."

Lynnette grinned, "Oh, Martha you're about to get the shock of a lifetime."

A laugh came from the Doctor's lips as his eyes glittered and he exclaimed, "Cardiff!"

Martha's eyes widened enormously as she yelped out, "Cardiff?!"

"Ah, but!" Hummed the Doctor, cutting off the woman, "The thing about Cardiff, it's built on a rift in time and space, just like California on the San Andreas fault, but the rift bleeds energy. And every now and then, I need to open up the engines and soak up all the energy and use it as fuel."

Lynnette nodded her hand, tapping the pillar by her side fondly, "Basically, it's Lovely's version of eating. It gives her the energy to do what she needs to."

Martha smiled brightly, understanding glittering in her eyes, "So it's like a pit stop?"

"Exactly!" Chimed the Doctor, continuing to circle around the console, doing everything necessary to ensure the Tardis could get everything she needed.

"How long is this one going to take?" Questioned Lynnette lightly, sipping on her milkshake as she offered the straw to the Doctor.

He smiled, taking a quick sip before responding, "It should only take about twenty seconds. The rift's been active."

There was a moment of silence before Martha looked at the pair suspiciously, narrowing her eyes as she questioned, "Wait a minute. They had an earthquake in Cardiff a couple of years ago. Was that you two?"

"No," Lynnette hummed, "It was a big green woman that looked a bit like one of those puppets from the Labyrinth."

A snort came from the Doctor as he grinned at Martha, "A bit of trouble with a Slitheen. A long time ago. Lifetimes. I was a different man, back then."

"Big ears," Snickered Lynnette, burning eyes shimmering brightly.

A gasp came from the Doctor, his eyes going wide as he stared at Lynnette with sheer disbelief, "Lynnette! My Firefly! How could you hurt me like this?!"