𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode seven:

42 - Part two.

- ~ -

"Impact in seventeen minutes and five seconds."

"We have to save her," Breathed Lynnette, clutching the Doctor's arms as if her life depended on it. Her heart stuttered in her chest, yearning to know Martha was safe from all the horrors of the universe. Martha needed to be saved.

The Doctor nodded, "We will, Lynnette. We'll save her and everyone else on board, I promise you."

"How?" Lynnette murmured, resting the back of her head against the Doctor's chest.

A small sigh left the Doctor's lips as he reached out to the communication pad, "Scannell, we need two space suits in Area 17, now."

"What for?" Came the confused response.

Lynnette's patience snapped like a twig and she shall but hissed, "Just get down here!"

And soon enough he did, though, in Lynnette's mind, he had too far too long. Plans were explained, the shock was exclaimed and scrambling of putting on spacesuits ensued. It all passed in a blur to Lynnette, she just wanted Martha safe. She didn't want another repeat of Rose, she didn't think she'd be able to handle it this time, especially since she couldn't say goodbye.

"I can't let you do this!" Scannell all but shouted as the pair held helmets in their hands, ready to go out and save Martha and Riley - no matter the cost that was to be paid.

"Too bad we don't take orders from anyone around here," Lynnette snapped, mimicking Scannell's earlier words, driving a pang of surprise and shame through the man's heart.

The Doctor nodded in agreement, "Exactly. Stop wasting your breath, Scannell. You not going to stop either of us and you don't want to try, especially not with Lynnette."

Scannell shifted on his feet, not yet ready to give up, so he hounded them about how impossible their plan sounded, "You want to open an airlock on a ship spinning into the sun? You can't survive, no one could."

"Bold of you to tell us what we can and can't do when you haven't even known us an hour," Snipped Lynnette sharply, eyes burning like daggers poised to draw searing blood.

"Oh, just you watch us!" Chipped the Doctor in response. It was evident neither would listen to Scannell's attempts to reason with them, bring them back to his realm of sanity.

Scannell clenched his jaw and snapped, " You open that airlock and its suicide. This close to the sun, the shields will barely protect you."

"Good thing my favourite greek myth is The Fall of Icarus," Hummed the woman dryly, determination flooded her bones, igniting the fire deep within her. It glowed brighter and brighter, stronger and stronger, it dimmed the feelings that did not belong to her and gave her repossession of her soul. Lynnette rolled her shoulders back, she was ready.