𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗻𝘁 𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗿.

Season four, episode four:

The Sontaran Stratagem - Part Two.

- ~ -

The pair of men stared at one another intensely. Lynnette's gaze flickered between the two, wondering which would stop the trifling challenge the two had opposed to one another. It was insufferable to watch, two men sizing each other up, trying to will the other to back down.

Finally, she scoffed and moved to sand between the two, "Alright, alright. We're not in a nature documentary, stop trying to gain dominance over each other like dogs."

Mace let out a grunt, "Any sign of trouble, get Jenkins to declare a Code Red and good luck, ma'am, sir."

The Doctor clicked his tongue, "I said no salutes."

"Now you're giving orders," Mace muttered as she turned on his heel and walked away.

Lynnete snorted in amusement as the Doctor blinked in surprise, "You're getting a bit cheeky, you are."

"Doctor, Lynnette," Donna called out as she walked towards them.

Immediately the Doctor returned to his energetic self and grinned, "Just in time! We're going into the country! Fresh air and geniuses - what more could you ask for?"

Donna shook her head, pulling the man to a stop, "I'm not coming with you. I've been thinking. I'm sorry. I'm going home."

"Really?" He breathed.

She nodded, "I've got to."

For a moment, all Lynnette felt was dread. She didn't want Donna to leave, she was like a breath of fresh air. Her view of the world was so different and her personality made it so she slotted into their little trio perfectly. She didn't want Donna to leave.

And after a moment, she understood that Donna wasn't leaving. Not permanently, anyway. She wanted to go home and warn her family, tell them what was happening and where she had been.

The Doctor, however, did not pick up on that and immediately set about saying his goodbye, "Well, if that's what you want. I mean, it's a bit soon. I had so many places I wanted to take you and Lynnette," Lynnette and Donna shared a glance, the former trying her hardest to not let out a giggle, "The Fifteenth broken Moon of the Medusa Cascade, the Lightning Skies of Cotter Palluni's World, the Diamond Coral Reefs of Kataa Flo Ko...Thank you. Thank you, Donna Noble. It's been brilliant. You've helped us in so many ways. You're...You're just popping home for a visit, that's what you mean."