𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰.

Season three, episode three:

Gridlock - Part One.

- ~ -

"Just one trip," The Doctor began, almost sheepishly, "That's what I said, one trip in the TArdis and then home."

Lynnette rose a brow, she knew perfectly how well the Doctor had enjoyed having Martha with them. She had enjoyed it too. Martha was quick, curious and had the desire to learn all she could about the universe now her eyes had been opened. Lynnette knew the woman would fit in well with them, exceptionally well.

The Doctor met her eyes and quickly faltered, changing his attitude, he never could hide his true feelings from Lynnette, "Although we could...stretch the definition. One trip into the past, one into the future, how do you fancy that?"

Martha grinned in elation, "No complaints from me."

And oh, could Lynnette see the glint in her eyes. The glint of curiosity. A curiosity about where the Doctor came from.

"How about a...different planet?" Hummed the Doctor, delighting in the impressed look on Martha's face.

Lynnette cringed, he had opened up the floodgates.

"Can we go to yours?" The question filled the air like stones.

Naturally, Lynnette swept to the Doctor's side, grasping his hand as the Doctor quickly tried to deflect, after all the place where his home planet would have been was now nothing but dust and rocks, an echo of a horrific war.

He smiled tightly, "Aah, there's plenty of other places!"

"Come on!" Martha huffed, unwilling to let go so easily, "I mean, the planet of the Time Lords, that's gotta be worth a look. What's it like?"

"Well, it's beautiful, yeah," How Martha didn't hear the change in the Doctor's voice was beyond her. his pain was as clear as a reflection to Lynnette, it always would be.

Martha let out a breath, "Is it like, you know, outer space cities, all spires and stuff."

It was beyond Martha's imagination and Lynnette only recalled what it looked like because of the Doctor. Oh, how long they'd spent together in their bed as the Doctor talked on and on about Gallifrey, his Gallifrey.

 "Suppose it is," The choked words were carefully concealed.

"Great big templed and cathedrals," Martha continued, oblivious.

He swallowed, clutching Lynnette's hand tighter, "Yeah."

The woman smiled brightly, "With lots of planets in the sky?"