𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲.

Season four, episode four:

The Sontaran Stratagem - Part One.

- ~ -

Lynnette wasn't quite sure about how she felt. She sat at the edge of her circular bed, just staring. It was like she was herself but she wasn't or perhaps she had never been herself and didn't know how to feel now that she had found it. She was warring with herself, humanity or the instincts of an alien species. It felt like she could only have one or the other.

Even now, after the events of the Ood's revolution, she still didn't feel quite right. A part of her still remained monsterous. A part of her still remembered and relished what it was like to watch the terror in Solana's eyes as she realised she would be killed. She could feel the way her fingertips twitched with the urge to burn, the sensation had only begun to spread. It was as if her body wanted nothing more than to exist solely within the flames. A heavy sigh left her lips, she didn't know what to do.

She was so consumed in her head that she didn't notice the Doctor slip into her room through the door the Tardis had created to join their rooms so long ago. He did just had a shower and was expecting to find Lynnetet lying on her bed, waiting for him so they could relax together. He furrowed his brows as he watched Lynnette, eyes glimmering. Silently, he moved to stand in front of her.

She flinched when she finally registered his presence.

"Shh," He murmured, voice low and soothing, "It's just me."

Lynnette sighed in relief. It was like every inch of her way going haywire, her hearing her, her eyesight, her smell, the way the world felt against her skin. It was all too much.

The Doctor's heart mourned at the sight of his love so distraught. He moved forward so he was standing in between Lynnette's legs. She didn't lift her head to look at him, thoughts swirling like a tempest. Calmly, he slid his hands onto Lynnette's face and gently guided her chin upwards so he could see her.

The moment his eyes met hers it was as if his breath was stolen away. Her eyes shimmered like molten gold, tears unshed swimming in herself but never getting close to dimming the fire within them. She let a shuddered breath as he studied her.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, thumbs stroking her pale cheeks.

Only a pitiful noise left Lynnette's lips, she was so confused herself she could barely explain it in her mind let alone out loud. So, she lifted her hands which shook ever so slightly and moved the Doctor's hands to her temples, a silent plea.

The Doctor blinked, leaning forward to press his forward against Lynnette's. He let out a deep sigh and in an attempt to relax the woman he loved so dearly, pressed his lips to hers. A small breath left Lynnette as she let herself indulge in the softness of his lips and the tenderness behind his adoring kiss.