𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀.

Season three, episode two:

The Shakespeare Code - Part one.

- ~ -

The Tardis shook rapidly as the Doctor darted around the console easily, he could probably drive with his eyes closed he knew the area so well.

Martha huffed, "But how do you travel in time, what makes it go?"

"She!" Lynnette called, she would keep telling Martha that the Tardis was female until she learned to use the proper pronouns for her, Lovely deserved that respect.

With a smile, the Doctor yanked down a lever, "Oh, take the fun and the mystery out of everything, she just does! Hold on tight!"

Another tremor ripped through the TArdis, throwing a very unpracticed Martha to the floor, she let out a groan, "Blimey! Do you have to pass a test to fly one of these?"

"Yes, and I failed!" The Doctor grinned as the Tardis came to a stop, "Now, make the most of it, we're promising you one trip and one trip only. Outside these doors...a brave new world."

Martha shifted, nervous excitement glittering in her eyes, "Where are we?"

Lynnette smiled, "I want to know that as well, you never told me."

"Take a look," Smirked the Doctor, opening the doors for them, "After you."

Lynnette didn't waste a second, she shot out of the Tardis doors and into a very different land.  She let out a laugh as her eyes laid upon Elizabethan houses, torches, carts pulled by horses, and the chatter of people unbothered by all around them.

"Oh, my god. You're kidding me! We actually did it! We travelled in time!" Martha exclaimed, "Where are we? No, sorry, gotta get used to this new language. When are we?"

Just as the Doctor was about to respond, he jerked the two women back, "Mind out!"

A dark slosh fell from above them and poured out of a man's bucket. He smiled sheepishly at them and ducked back into his home. Despite the disgusting scene, Lynnette could help but grin, she knew exactly where they were and more importantly when.

"Somewhere before the invention of the toilet. Sorry about that," The Doctor hummed softly.

"I've seen worse, I worked the night shift in A and E. But are we safe? Can we walk around and stuff?" Martha questioned.

Lynnette tilted her head, desperate to get moving, "Of course we are, why wouldn't we be?"

"In those films, you step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race," Spoke the woman nervously.