𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐝.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅.

𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗱.

Season three, episode two:

The Shakespeare Code - Part two.

- ~ -

As they moved through the bustling streets, Shakespeare called to Martha, curiosity filling his voice, "So tell me of Freedonia - where women call be doctors, writers, actors?"

Martha rose a brow, "This country's run by a woman."

Shakespeare hummed simply, "She's Royal, that's God's business. Though you and your companion Lynnett are royal beauties."

Lynnette snorted, "Careful, get too confident and you'll find yourself with a very angry wife back at home."

The other woman nodded, golden earrings twinkling in the early Sun, "Whoa, Nelly. Lynnette's right, we know for a fact you've got a wife in the country."

He merely chuckled, boyish gaze burning bright, "But ladies, this is town."

With a roll of her eyes, Lynnette let out a scoff, "And it's that attitude, Shakespeare, dear, that will make you end up with a red mark across your face and a furious woman who will seek to make your life awful for the rest of your days."

The man rose a brow, amusement shimmering across his face, "And how do you know that?"

Lynnette smirked devilishly, "Never underestimate the anger of a woman."

With a chuckle, the Doctor swung an arm around Lynnette's shoulders, "It'll be your undoing," He smiled, "Now come on! We can all have a good flirt later!"

Shakespeare sent him a suggestive look, "Is that a promise, Doctor?"

Lynnette let out a snicker, "And you said he was probably straight! I know my fellow people when I see them, Darling!"

The Doctor rolled his eyes, "Oh, fifty-seven academics just punched the air, now move!"

As they ran down the streets, Shakespeare's attention was fixated on Lynnette, his mind replaying her words over and over again. Finally, he managed to say, "You're like me?"

Lynnette let herself grin, feeling the man's disbelief, "Maybe I'm not exactly like you. But why should I choose to force myself to stick to one gender when I can have both?"

A strong sense of familiarity hit Shakespeare then, very few people knew of his preferences but it was wonderful to meet someone like him who spoke about their sexuality so openly, it gave him hope. He laughed gently, "I couldn't agree more."

- ~ -

Lynnette felt like she was going to throw up.

Before they had even entered Bedlam she could hear the tortured screams, the wails of agony, the cries for help. It made her sick to her stomach, set her nerves on fire, and made her want to curl up in a ball and slip into oblivion.