𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲.

Season three, episode four:

Daleks in Manhattan - Part two.

- ~ -

"I guess we know I can make fire on my own now," Hummed Lynnette lightly as she leaned against the Doctor's side, gaze flickering to him and her hand constantly, amazed by what she had done.

The Doctor nodded with a smile, pressing a kiss to her temple, "You get more astonishing every day, Firefly."

"But how?!" Martha gasped, staring at Lynnette with wide eyes, it was like they had just done something straight from a movie. She had never seen anything like it, it both intrigued her and frightened her.

"That's what I'd like to know as well," Solomon spoke, narrowing his eyes, "I don't deal with creatures less than holy."

Lynnette's gaze turned venomous then, her eyes glowing brighter as she took in the insulation. He was calling her a demon and it really pissed her off. But before she could say anything, someone had already beat her to it.

"You're saying that to her despite the fact she just saved my life?" Frank snapped at Solomon in disbelief.

The Doctor made a noise of agreement, "And Lynnette is the furthest thing from a demon."

Lynnette smiled, "Thank you," She turned to Martha, "And to answer your question, I have no idea. It's the first time I've made a fire on my own."

"On your own?" Echoed the dark-skinned woman, her earrings glinting in the dim light.

With a nod, Lynnette tried to find the right words to explain, "I don't really know how to describe it."

"Fire protects her like she was born from it and she it's child," The Doctor chirped simply, resting his head on Lynnette's chin, dark eyes piercing like a storm's.

There seemed to be a thousand more questions that flooded Martha's brain but before she could ask anything of them, footsteps sounded and a woman appeared.

She had a sleek, black gun in her hand and she pointed it towards them with a glare, the New York accent thick as she snapped, "All right then, put 'em up!"

Lynnette's eyes widened in surprise.

Platinum blond hair was swept around her face and dark brown eyes glinted as she clocked the gun, "Hands in the air! And no funny business," Once they all followed her orders, her gaze turned to glare, "Now tell me, you shmucks. What have you done with Laszlo?"