𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿.

Season four, episode six:

The Doctor's Daughter - Part Oe.

- ~ -

The Tardis continued to shake rapidly. Even Lynnette and the Doctor stumbled despite how many harrowing trips they'd been on, including falling into one of the biggest mountains in the universe. Lynnette's shoulders were sore for weeks after that.

Carefully, she gripped the two women, and brought them to the console, making sure their hands found something to hold onto as the Tardis through them up and down as she travelled. It was almost as if she was excited but terrified at the same time. Lynnette couldn't understand what was making Lovely act in such a way.

"What the hell is she doing?" Donna yelled as the centre of the console sparked for a few moments.

"Control's not working!" The Doctor yelled in response as he fell to the floor, gaze fixated on his hand, "I don't know where we're going, but my old hand's very excited about it!"

"Brilliant!" Lynnette called out, making sure her sarcasm was thick.

The Doctor only laughed, eyes glittering in a way that made her heart melt.

"I thought that was just some freaky alien thing! You're telling me it's yours?" Donna exclaimed with a huff and wide eyes.

"Well..." The Doctor hummed, clutching onto the console as he got yanked backwards by a sudden movement.

"It got cut off. He grew a new one," Martha explained, far too used to the madness the Doctor induced.

"You are completely...impossible!" Donna said breathly as she sunk to the floor, grasping the console so tightly her fists went white.

"Not impossible...just a bit unlikely," He responded with a grin.

"He says even though I've seen him run around with only one of two hearts working," Lynnette snorted.

"She says even though she's the one that can't get burnt," He quipped in response.

They shared a peaceful glance, warmth in their gazes. Both knew they needed to have a conversation soon. They'd taken to debriefing after particularly difficult adventures so they knew where each other's feelings were at.

With one great spark of electricity and screams of surprise, the Tardis finally came to a halt. For a moment, the only thing that could be heard was exasperated breaths and the Tardis' soft, mechanical humming.

Then, "Lynnette?"

"Doctor."

The pair was suddenly jumping up with the energy of kangaroos as they bounded towards the blue doors, eager to see where the Tardis had taken them. Cold air surrounded them as they stepped out into a dank, musty tunnel filled to the brim with rusting metal and wires.