Nice, but Definitely Not Liam

Start from the beginning

  I should be happy, right? That was the entire reason for me dating Kyle. But I didn’t feel happy. I felt gross and slutty. I felt like I’d disappointed the one woman I strived my whole life to impress and please. And now what had I done? I’d broken her only son’s heart.

  “Piper, honey,” she said. “It’s been ages!” She pulled me into a hug.

  I hugged her back, closing my eyes and breathing in her sweet smell. “I know. It’s…crazy.”

  She pulled back all too soon. Her smile turned even sadder and she said, “I don’t see you around too much. It’s a shame about you and Liam.”

  I wasn’t sure if she meant me and Liam as friends or as a couple. Either way, it made me sad.

  As if sensing the tension, Madeline took the opportune moment to say, “I’m here for a birthday party!”

  “Really?”

  She nodded. “My friend Caroline turned fourteen.”

  “That’s cool.”

  I could feel Kyle watching me. Maybe he could sense how uncomfortable I was.

  Aunt Kim obviously did. She smiled. “Well, they’re about to have cake. So we’d better go.” She put her hand on my arm as she passed. “Good seeing you, honey.”

  “You, too…..”

  I felt like running home and crying my eyes out. Tonight suddenly didn’t feel like much fun and I just wanted to be home.

  “You okay?” Kyle asked.

  I nodded. “Yeah….Um, it’s getting’ late. An I’ve gotta help my pregnant mother, so…I’d better scoot.”

  Kyle made no attempts to stop me. I stayed silent as I slipped out of my skates and into my boots. I didn’t even pay attention to the feeling of still being on skates—something I had always loved after skating. I just felt low and skuzzy.

  Kyle walked me to my car. “I had no idea you could skate like that.”

  “Ditto,” I said, trying to lighten my mood. For once, he hadn’t done anything.

  “So…you and Liam…” he finally said. “You guys not goin’ together anymore….?”

  “We never were,” I muttered.

  “Well, you should pick the place more often. I totally didn’t expect this dump to be fun.”

  I smiled then. “Well, I did.”

  He smirked. “Yeah.” Then he had to go and ruin everything and kiss me again. This was the kiss I had been expecting from him; the pushy and sloppy kiss. It was perfect for that moment of feeling like the biggest slut in the world.

  I pulled back, hiding my face so he wouldn’t see that I started to cry. “Well, I gotta go,” I muttered, slipping into the car.

  “When’re you gonna let me drive you, huh?” he asked teasingly.

  I wasn’t sure if he meant someplace or just to park. So I feigned not hearing him before pulling out.

A/N Yeah, it’s short; sorry. But I felt I had to redeem Kyle a little bit….only to bring him down again. It seems I can’t even make myself like him. He’s just that very typical guy. Well, here’s hoping my week’ll get better. So far, I’ve had a perpetually bad week. Started out bad and then just kept getting worse. Basically, my boyfriend (very soon to be ex-boyfriend) turned out to be a jackass that wants everything to be easy with no conflict and who won’t take responsibilty for anything. But I gotta thank him for one thing, at least; he sparked a new story. Basically, just the title was inspired by him, but I think y’all are gonna like it. I won’t be publishing it until I’m a good few chapters in, but it’s called “I Wanna Write How Boys Suck”. It’s about friendship and teen pregnancy (no worries, I’m not pregnant or anything, lol). I just think you’re gonna like it.

  Hopefully, my next upload will be in Walgreens, but it was just easier to write something already planned out. Oh, and Liam WILL be in the next chapter. You guys are really gonna love this next one. So, as soon as you see that I’ve uploaded, go read it and be the first to vote and comment!

  Love y’all!

VOTES?

COMMENTS?

TTFN,

Hannah

P. S Thoughts on Kyle in this chapter?

P. S. S I can always count on you guys for cheering up my week with your lovely comments. Thanks for your support and everything, y’all!