CHAPTER 84

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

In the middle of this inevitable chaos, Bright and Talia were facing off against Xanthos and his endless vampire soldiers.

"Kill them"

Without agitation on their blood sucking eyes, the vampire soldiers charged at them in full force. All their weapons aiming at the enemy and ready to pull the trigger.

Talia quickly casted a protection spell, resulting a force field surrounded them. Stopping the bullets from penetrate inside.

"ALERT! AERIAL DEFENCE SYSTEM WENT OFFLINE"

The warning sound from the artificial intelligence, shocked Xanthos as he stride towards the control station.

"Someone just blasted the shield generators" one of the guy said out loud in panic.

Xanthos clenched his jaw, "Who had the balls to sneak into my territory?"

"Alpha! We receiving multiple of foreign contacts outside the dome"

"Call the general and deploy our army now!"

"Understood!"

He saw a few scientists who cowardly hides behind a steel pillar. Xanthos face darkens and growled, "You useless morons! Bring out that girl"

They shrieked out in fear but still obeys his word. Opening the hatch, one of the scientist brought Jules out from the Argus.

"Their taking Jules away!"

Talia shouted at Bright whom at this point nearly fall unconscious. The heavy brutality caused against him, have been literally killed him. But whether his will or pure luck, he's still alive.

Talia was trying her best to hold her shield defense. However, those soldiers heavy firepower let them move advance towards her.

Xanthos reach the control box and collect those three blue ampoule. Dr Atkins helped him to put it securely inside the briefcase.

"Alpha!"

Those scientist successfully retrieved Jules. She was still in unconscious like before.

"Bring her to my chopper" Xanthos told Atkins as he keep the briefcase for himself.

Atkins took Jules from them and with the help of three vampire guard, she safely get out from there.

Talia saw this and cursed herself that she couldnt help.

"Bright, you have to get up" The only thing she could do now was to pull Bright back to his sense.

The anger on her heart unleashed her power to the core. She exploded her shield into a sonic wave and blasted off those soldiers far away from their reach.

Placing both of her hands on his heart, she enchant a spell under her breath. A green light enveloped his whole body, fading the scars and wound on him.

Opening his eyes, Bright saw the smile on her face. The same kind of enlightening smile he saw in the past when he saved her.

"Brig-"

Blood splattered out from her mouth, gasped out from finishing his name.

"Such a waste"

Xanthos groan, pulling out his clawed hand out from her body where the heart could be. Talia unconsciously fall onto Bright as bood oozing out from that deep wound.

Bright eyes widened, seeing her severely hurt.

"You know what's the big difference between you and your mother, Talia?"