CHAPTER 53

EMMA P.O.V

“Still got little more” I softly coo at her while holding a spoon of chicken fried rice. She open her mouth as I feed her and wait until she chew it down fully.

After Bright’s unusual behavior towards Jules, it takes a lot of time to sooth her down. But unfortunately, she fall asleep while sobbing out and didn’t wake up for lunch either.

I didnt wake her up since all her energy drain out and just let her take rest. She woke up in the evening with a loud growled on her stomach.

We stayed inside one of the guest room  at the first floor. Quickly I bathed her while Kate prepared dinner for everyone. I wonder her hunger cause her to calm down because she literally become quiet.

“One final spoon and we’re done” I said and feed her the last bit of rice on the bowl. Stood up from the chair, I get her a cup of warm water from the dispenser.

“Did you guys finish your homework?” Kate ask the twins who eating their food on the dining table and so does she.

“Yes” Rhea said while Alan shrug his shoulders.

I get back to Jules and wipe her mouth with disposable napkin and hand over the cup.

“Alan, you need to do your homework before go to sleep or no video games for one week” I said, giving no choice for him.

Bright told me this trick to use against him. He was really ready to send him to boarding school but I held it out. He’s still young and just lazy a bit.   

“Yes, Aunt Emma” he mumble.

I can see his eyes fill with sadness. I frown and look at Kate. She look at me and then him.

“What’s wrong Alan? Is something bothering you?” she ask him.

He look at us, “Brother……I never seen him angry like this before.”

Rhea look at her brother and nodded.
“Yeah, he made us scared.”

I sigh, understands how they’re feeling.

“Did he ever come down?” I ask Kate since I didn’t take my lunch either. I stay beside Jules and take a nap as well.

“No. I think you should call him for dinner” she suggest me.

I shrug, don’t know how his emotion running now.

We don’t need to help him Em’ Xyla scowl inside me.

I sigh, ‘We have to Xy….. Let me help him. He was just out of control.’

‘Fine’ she groan and shut herself off from me.

I can’t blame her since she cares about me.

“Jules stay here until I come back. Is that okay for you?” I ask her softly.

She look at me and nodded. I give her a small peck on her cheek and go upstairs. 

There is no light from the gap under the door. I gulp down and knock his door twice.

“Bright”

No answers come back from him as I knock his door again. Still no answers. I twist the doorknob and it’s not locked.

Slowly, I push the door open and see a dark figure sitting at the edge of the bed. I sigh knowing it's him.

He buries his hands on his face, as his elbows place on his knees. Clothes, small broken things scatters around the floor.