CHAPTER 48

EMMA P.O.V

The living room perfectly design with furniture that match with the paint of the wall

The living room perfectly design with furniture that match with the paint of the wall. There is also stairs build in a shape of a curve, leading to upstairs.

Bright close the door behind me while I check out the pictures and small items that placed on the octagon shaped shelves that fixed on the wall.

There, my eyes caught her picture. Wearing a white floral dress with sky blue patterns on it. She sat on a grass field with a bunch different type of flowers, holding it with both of her hands, near her chest.

Looking closely, I only realize when the background behind her is the same where Bright and I sat few minutes ago.

Her narural smile and dimples on her cheek made her look gorgeous. Her beauty somehow made me jealous.

I can feel he's standing behind me. Turning around I look at him and shock when he pull off his t-shirt.

“What the….”

I gasp looking over his sculpture abs that made me unable to keep my gaze away from it.

His lift up my chin with his index and thumb as my eyes fell on his. His other hand rise up and spot his finger at the crook of his neck.

“This is where she marked me on our first anniversary. It-Its g-gone….now.”

A small gulf of tear falling down from his right eye and he low down his head unable to meet my face.

"B-Bright" I croak when seeing him getting broken.

He gently push me down on the couch. I don't know what is he doing as he sat down on the ground in front of me and laid his head on my lap.

Nervously I put my hand on his hair and run it with my fingers. Trying to sooth down his pain.

“That night was the worst day of my life” he mumble.

■~■~■~■~■~■~■~☆~♡~■~■~■~■~■~■~■

BRIGHT P.O.V

FLASHBACK
(11 November 2021, 2:00 a.m)

I was laying on the bed, tried to fall sleep. But can't. I sense something uneasy ran on my mind.

Flashes of lightning rumbles on the dark clouds without raining along with strong wind crashes through the window.

It been few hours already and she hasn’t called me yet. I tried but she didn’t  answered it.

Maybe she was busy. Two days ago, I have a video chat with her. I noticed she seems to looked uncomfortable like something was wrong.

I did ask her and she said ‘nothing, just work tension’. I know she’s hiding something from me. But I didn’t push her and told her to get be back home safely.