𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗

We finish up and make plans as we drive home.

"Are you coming over, babe?" I ask Rafe, putting my hand on his arm.

He nods, smiling.

"Do you want us to drop you off at tannyhill, Sar? Do you want to come to my place too?" I ask.

Sarah seems uncertain about her relationship with John B, it's completely rational.

"I'm good, you can just drop me off at my house." She says, looking out the window of the backseat. "You're sure?" I ask again.

"Yeah, I just need some time to think." She answers.

We shortly arrive at her house and wave at her before she closes her front door.

"I feel bad for her.." I say, looking at Rafe. "I'll make sure to text her tonight to check on her." Rafe assures.——————————————————————————
I nod and we start driving to my house. Once we arrive, I unlock the front door and take off my shoes while Rafe does the same.

We make some jokes about last night, hand in hand.

I laugh and we walk to the living room when I hear some voices.

It's probably just some company.

I freeze, seeing my parents sitting on the couch with someone I didn't expect. "Cora?" I say, my mouth slightly open.

"Hey, Maddie!" The girl replies. I run over to her and throw my arms around her, she hugs me back excitedly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling away from her hug.

"My parents are on a business trip so I'm staying with you for a week!" She announces. My parents smile at me. ——————————————————————————
"Why didn't you guys tell me?" I say, frowning with curiosity.

"Your father and I wanted it to be a surprise!" My mom tells me. I smile and then turn around, looking at Rafe.

Cora is my cousin, she and I are really close and have been for most of our lives. She's about the same age as me so it's easier to talk to her.

"This is my cousin, Cora!" I say, introducing them.

Rafe sticks out his hand, "I'm Rafe. It's a pleasure to meet you, Cora." He says, politely. She shakes his hand and smiles, being friendly.

"Hi! And you are..?" She asks, letting go of his hand. "Her boyfriend." He explains to her.

"Boyfriend? How long have you two been together?" She asks, walking over to Rafe. "Two years!" I say, smiling up at him.——————————————————————————
"Wow, it's been two years since I last saw you. That's crazy!" Cora responds.

"Well, we'll let you guys catch up." My dad says, getting up from the couch. My mom follows him upstairs and into their room.

I'm so happy she's here, I've missed her so much!

I smile at her and we sit down on the couch together.

"So, what's new?" I ask, sitting down at the counter. "Nothing much, it's all the same." She says, giving me a shrug.

We continue talking for a while and everything seems to be going great. "What about the others?" My cousin asks, crossing her arms.

"Oh, I can text them and see if they can come over? We just got back from a beach sleepover but I'm sure they can make it." I say, pulling out my phone.——————————————————————————
MESSAGES: