𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

I cry for a few minutes, before getting up. I change into my white lace pajama's, getting in my bed. I hear feel my phone vibrate.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM SARAH

It's sarah, checking up on me.

Sarah: Maddie, I'm so sorry about Rafe..

Sarah: Please call me.. I'm worried about you.

I don't bother to reply to her, im too upset.

I sigh, putting my phone on my nightstand, and turning off the light. I wake up the next morning, my hair a mess, I didn't bother to take off my makeup.

The memories of what happened last night rush back to my head, making me squeeze my eyes shut.——————————————————————————
I get out of bed, putting on my slippers and going downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey honey!" My mom calls out to me as I walk downstairs. "Hey mom.." I say, smiling weakly.

"How was midsummer's?" She asks, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Uhm.. it was good..!" I reply, dishonestly.

I know she would get all worried if I told her what actually happened, so it's really just to protect her feelings.

"That's great, honey. I have to go get some groceries from heywards, I'll be back in an hour!" My mom says, putting on her coat and grabbing her car keys.

I nod, quietly. I make some iced coffee. She leaves as I take a sip, taking a deep breath. ——————————————————————————
I walk towards the living room, as I recline on the couch.

I grab the remote and watch some tv. As I'm watching, I hear a knock at my door.

Was my mom expecting somebody?

I place my cup down, getting up. I open my front door, Sarah is standing on the other side of it.

"Hey Mads.. can we talk..?" she says, smiling tenderly.

I look down, thinking about it. I nod, motioning her to come inside.

We sit on the couch, "Do you want something to drink?" I ask her, turning off the tv.

"I'm alright, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened last night." She says, feeling at fault. I look down at my hands. ——————————————————————————
I play with my fingers nervously, looking back up at her, "I'm not mad at you, and it's not your fault.

I know it's not my fault.

I just can't believe Rafe would do that.." I tell her, in disbelief.

Sarah nods, looking down at my hands. "He was crying last night, Rafe." I look up, a worrisome look appears on my face.

"He was?" My voice gives away his surprised I am. "Yeah, I had to comfort him. He was so angry at himself, he threw a vase at the wall." She says, feeling bad for him.

"Is he alright?" I ask, hoping to god that he is. "He's.. going to be fine. I don't know, he won't talk about it anymore." She explain, shrugging.

I feel even worse knowing that he was crying.——————————————————————————
"Rafe basically never cries.." I say, resting my head. "He obviously was upset about last night, I'm sure he regrets what he did." She reassures.

"I know you still love him." She says, trying to look into my eyes.

"I don't know what to do.." I hold my head in my hands, trying to breathe. She sighs, rubbing my back.