𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

The others rush out of the house, chasing after me. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" John B asks Rafe. "I'm taking her home." He says.

"Like hell you are." John B responds, walking towards him.

Kiara stops him from getting too close, "John B, Don't. It's her decision." She tells him, defending me.

I turn around, looking at them. "It's up to you, Maddie." Sarah asks, holding my hand. I stay quiet, taking deep breaths.

I can't handle another fight, not now.

"I want to go with Rafe." I tell them, removing my hand from Sarah's. "Okay, we respect that." Kiara says, giving me a hug.

I nod, trying to force a smile. John B nods, walking toward me. "You're sure you're going to be alright?" He asks, tucking his hands in his pockets.——————————————————————————
"Yeah." I promise. Rafe opens the car door for me and I get inside the passenger seat.

Sarah walks up to Rafe, crossing her arms. "Take care of her, Rafe." She says, looking at me through the car window.

"She's my girlfriend, Sarah." He says, getting in the driver's seat. He starts to drive away and I watch as the other wave at me. I lay my head back against the seat.

I lift my head back up, cognizing.

Wait, I have to go check on Jj.

"Rafe, Go to the dock." I ask. "Why?" He says, turning the car. "Just, go to the dock." I demand, looking out the window.

He sighs, "Alright." He agrees. I roll the window down to get some fresh air since I'm feeling nauseous.——————————————————————————
Rafe pulls over at the dock where we keep the PMS pogue.

The PMS pogue is the boat me and the pogues use to fish and take a break from the island.

"I'll be right back." I open the car door and walk to the end of the dock. "Jj?" I call out, looking around for any clues that might tell me he was here.

I sit down on the edge of the boardwalk, swinging my legs above the boat.

I look off at the sunset, wondering where it all went wrong.

After god knows how long, I hear footsteps coming nearer and nearer until someone sits beside me. "What's going on, baby?" Rafe asks.

I peer into the water. "Jj and I talked yesterday and I told him I can't fully forgive him yet but that we're still friends and he said he would be here tonight." I explain, looking at Rafe.——————————————————————————
I don't expect him to understand.

"And he didn't show up?" He infers, putting his hand on my leg. "Bingo." I sigh, putting my hand on his. "I'm sure he didn't mean to miss it." He consoles.

"I don't know.." I mutter, lifting my legs up. "Let's go home." He whispers, kissing my head. I sit there for second before he nudges me to come with him.

"I want to stay a little longer." I tell him, looking up at him.

He sits back down, rubbing my back. "I'm sure he's fine, baby." Rafe says. I nod, resting my head on his shoulder and watching the sun set.

"You remind me of a sunset." I tell him, glancing up at him.

I've been thinking about this. Now that there's sunset, I can tell him.——————————————————————————
"Why's that?" He asks me, peering down at the water.