𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

I drive back to tannyhill, slamming my car door shut once I park. I walk to the front door, trying to collect myself for when someone answers.

I take a deep breath and put on a fake smile, knocking on the door. I wait for a minute when I hear someone unlocking the door.

I see Sarah, a beaming smile forms on her face. "Hey Mads!" She says, hugging me.

"Hey, Sar! I just came to see if we could hang out for a little bit." I say, trying not to show the anger I'm holding in.

She always makes me feel better, she just doesn't know it.

"Actually, We can ALL Hang out." She says, joyfully. I chuckle, lightly. "What do you mean, all of us?" I ask, clutching my tote bag.

All of a sudden, someone walks to the front door. It's my friend, Kiara Carrera. ——————————————————————————
Kiara Carrera is one of my best friends other than the boys and Sarah. We call her "Kie" for short, me and Sarah met her in the second grade. We have been inseparable ever since.

"Kiara!" I squeal, giving her a massive hug. "Hey Mads! Oh my god, I've missed you so much!" She says, holding my hands.

"Me too, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" I say, feeling a real smile on my face.

"Totally, I'm so happy to see you!" She says, excitedly.

I walk inside, taking my shoes off, "Let's go to my room." Sarah says, giggling as she grabs our hands, running up the stairs.

I turn my head and see Rafe coming out of his room, he notices me and his mouth opens a little. I stand there, staring at him.

I'm really happy to see Kie, I wish it wasn't such a shitty day.——————————————————————————
He looks down at his feet, feeling badly. I don't talk to him, I just follow the girls inside Sarah's bedroom.

We shut her bedroom door, sitting on her bed. "Where were you at midsummers, Kie?" Sarah asks her, leaning against the backboard of the bed.

"I had to stay by my parents the ENTIRE time, it was so humiliating.." she says, annoyed.
"What about you, Sar?" Kie says, sitting up.

"Oh my god, Rafe and Jj had a fight and it was totally crazy." Sarah tells her, tying her hair up.
I look at Sarah, giving her a look.

"Oh, sorry Mads." She says, trying to make me feel better.

I don't want to worry them..

I look down at my fingers, a neutral look on my face. "What's wrong?" Kiara asks, putting her hand on my shoulder. ——————————————————————————
"I'm fine." I say, looking back up at them.

"You don't have to hide from us, we're your friends." Sarah reminds me. I sigh, letting go of my fingers.

I tell them the full story, about how all he did was blame Rafe and took no responsibility for his own actions and mistakes.

They sit there in silence, their mouths open. "Oh my god, Mads.." Sarah says, holding my hands.

"I can't believe he would say that to you." Kiara says, angrily.

I knew they would be on my side.

"I totally get why you called him an asshole. He was acting like one, and he called you clueless?!" Sarah raises her voice.

"I know, but I feel guilty for slapping him.." I say, looking down at my fingers. ——————————————————————————
"Don't worry about it, give him some time." Kiara suggests, letting her hair down.