𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

I wake up, the sun beams through my curtains. I see  Rafe fast asleep. I smile, playing with his messy dirty blond hair while he sleeps.

I can't believe he's back home, it feels like a part of my heart is back.

He opens his eyes, smiling. "Morning." I whisper, caressing his arm with my finger. "Morning, baby.." he says, sleepily.

"Are you still in pain?" I ask him, holding my bead with my hand. "Not as much." He responds. "Did you sleep well last night?" He asks me.

For once, I slept really well.

I nod, smiling softly. "Good." He says, smiling back. I lean in, kissing him on the lips. He smiles in the kiss, reciprocating the affection.

I pull away, cuddling into his chest. "I'm glad you're back." I say, quietly. "Yeah, me too baby." He says, grinning. ——————————————————————————
I grab my phone from my nightstand and check the Time.

8:00 am

I might as well wake up.

I get out of bed, grabbing a pair of clean clothes from my dresser. I undress, leaving me in my bra and underwear.

Rafe looks at me, laughing. "Are you trying to tease me?" He inquires, getting out of bed and throwing on his shirt.

I laugh, "No, I'm not trying to tease you." I say, jokingly. "I wouldn't mind if you were.." he says, running his fingers through his hair.

"I know you wouldn't, Rafe Cameron." He chuckles, as he kisses me on the lips.

I kiss him back, trying not to give in too much since we haven't had breakfast yet. ——————————————————————————
God, I want him so badly.

He pulls away, his hand holds my face. I kiss his hand, "Let's go, my parents have probably already made breakfast." I say, letting go of his hand.

We talk while making our way downstairs, walking to the kitchen. I see my mom, making coffee. "Hey mom!" I say, giving her a hug.

"Hey sweetheart." My dad adds, also giving me a hug.

"How did you sleep?" My mom asks, holding my hands. "Good, actually." I answer.

"That's great, I know you haven't been doing well since Rafe's been in the hospital." She says, feelingly.

I tend to have difficulty sleeping when dealing with stressful things, It's been the same thing my whole life. ——————————————————————————
"Yeah, about that.." I pause, as Rafe walks into the kitchen. My mom turns her head, astounded by Rafe's presence.

My dad puts his coffee down on the counter, wide eyed. My mom looks at me, as I smile. "Hello, Mr and Ms Miller." Rafe says, waving.

I can imagine how shocked they must be to find out that he woke up.

My mom walks over to Rafe, embracing him in her arms. "Oh sweetheart.." she says, pulling away to hold his face.

My dad shakes his hand. "Glad you're back, buddy." He says, giving him a friendly hit on the back.

"Thank you, it's good to be back." Rafe replies, politely. ——————————————————————————
"Are you in pain? Do you want something to eat? Are you cold? Do you need anything?" My mom asks, pestering him.

"Mom." I say, giving her a look to stop. Rafe laughs, "I'm alright, but thank you Ms Miller." He answers.

"Alright.. well at least let me fix you some breakfast then." She says, walking to the fridge.