𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏

I wake up, stretching my arms. I sit up and grimace when the sun shines in my eyes once i open them.

I really need better curtains.

I slowly get up from bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower. While showering, I have an epiphany.

It's my two year anniversary with Rafe!

I try to control my excitement, washing up quickly with a happy expression spread across my face. I step out of the shower and get changed into a normal outfit.

I head downstairs for breakfast, "Morning!" I call out as I sit down at the kitchen counter.

"Hey sweetheart." My dad says, putting his book down to kiss the top of my head. "Morning, honey!" My mom replies as well.

"Hello, dear.." my grandma follows, shakily squeezing my cheeks in a loving way.——————————————————————————
"I can't believe it's already been two years since me and Rafe started dating.." I tell them, smiling.

I really can't believe it, I can't wait to see him tonight!

"Yes, I'm very happy for you. I've always liked Rafe, he always protected you. "Remember when you were in sixth grade and a boy was saying some cruel things to you?"

"Vaguely.." I hold my hand with my chin, curious to where he was going with this.

"He punched that kid right in the face, broke his nose." My dad finishes, letting out a chuckle. "Not really the image I want on my anniversary, dad." I say, getting up.

I actually do remember that, there was a lot of blood.

"I know, sweetheart. I'm just saying, he clearly cares about you if he was willing to break a kid's nose." He adds, turning back around in his seat.——————————————————————————
"You two are precious together." My grandma adds, taking a sip of coffee.

I smile to myself, thinking about what he had just said. I hear my doorbell ring and I jog over to the door. "IT'S YOUR ANNIVERSARY!" Sarah shouts, throwing her arms in the air.

I smile, "Sar, what are you doing here!" I ask, letting her in. "I just wanted to stop by before tonight, see how you're doing!" She explains, taking off her sneakers.

It's my own fault for believing she wouldn't come over today.

"Hey, Mr and Mrs Miller!" She says, giving my parents a hug. "Hello, Sarah. Great to see you, how's your father?" My dad asks, putting his hands on his hips.

"Good, he's been pretty busy with all the real estate shit." She says, grinning. ——————————————————————————
"Alright, we'll have to have you over again for dinner sometime soon." My dad answers, patting her shoulder.

Sarah turns to my mom, watching her face brighten up. My mom reaches her arms out, "Come here, honey..!" She smiles, waiting for Sarah to come over.

Sarah gives her a big hug, my mom kisses her head once she's in her arms.

Sarah's mom isn't involved in her life, my mom was always like OUR mom. She always treated Sarah like her own daughter, imagining how hard it must've been growing up with a mother of her own.

"You're so big now, Sarah!" My mom comments. "I've grown a bit since school started." Sarah responds, smiling.

"My girls are so big now.." my mom says, looking at me as well. She looks at me too, beaming. ——————————————————————————
"Alright, I'll let you go upstairs now." My mom finally ending the conversation.