𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

I get in my car and drive to the chateau.

I know jj's gonna be there.

I arrive, as I slowly unbuckle my seatbelt. I take a deep breath and open the car door, I get out and lock it.

I walk with my hands in my pockets, the leaves crunch under my steps. I see John B, cleaning the pogue.

I rethink my choice of visiting, turning back to my car. I turn around again.

No, I'm going to do this.

I wave at John B, who's drinking some beer. Beer at 3 pm in the afternoon is a John B specialty.

He sees me, giving me a smile. I walk over to him and give him a hug. ——————————————————————————
He hugs me back, "how've you been, mads?" He asks, obviously a little upset after everything that's been going on.

"Could be better, Can I see Jj?" I ask, getting to the point right away. He motions for me to go while he continues to scrub the boat.

I thank him and walk inside. I push the door open, kicking the beer cans away from the floor as I walk inside.

Jesus, this place is a mess...

I walk to John B's room silently, knocking on the door gently.

"Yeah." I hear a voice say, I inhale deeply before opening the door slowly.

jj seems shocked to see me, as I shut the door. ——————————————————————————
"Hey jj..." I say, trying to avoid eye contact with him. He takes a sip of his beer, "hey." He replies, dryly.

This is gonna be interesting..

I sit down on the bed beside him, before looking at him.

He looks back at me, I can tell he's still upset.

"I needed to talk to you about what happened the other day." I say quietly, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, let's talk." He says, fidgeting with his fingers. "Look, I've been thinking about what happened a lot and I want us to be friends again, okay?" I say.

He seems surprised to hear me say this, frankly, I would too. "Yeah, me too.." he says, looking down, hesitating to continue. ——————————————————————————
"But you really hurt me, mads." He says, finally getting the words out.

I sigh deeply, "I'm so sorry, jj. I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just made a stupid choice.." I say, tears dropping from my face.

I wipe my tears away, jj looks at me. "I know, it's alright. We all make mistakes sometimes, what matters is that we make up for them in the end." He says.

I know I messed up, he definitely knows it too.

He looks at me softly. "Mads, I don't want to fight. I just want us to be friends again.." he says, sighing deeply.

I sniff, looking up at him. "Yeah, me too. I know a way we can solve things though.." I say. He looks at me, confused. ——————————————————————————
"What do you mean?" He asks, confused. "After we that fight, you know, when you called Rafe a psycho.." I say, regretting reminding him.

"Yeah?" He asks, gesturing me to get to the point. "Mr Cameron said that when I told you that Rafe wouldn't do that ever again, he said you didn't believe me." I inform.

He's not going to be thrilled that he has to apologize too.

"I mean, Rafe and I have hated each other for a while now. I didn't expect him to just stop." Jj admits, telling the truth. "Why didn't you just say that?" I ask.