𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

I wake up the next morning, I get up and glance over at Rafe. I gasp, seeing him lying beside me in a hospital bed.

He has cuts and bruises all over his arms, a few on his face.

I look down at his shirt, seeing blood spread through the fabric. I scream, bolting up in bed. I hyperventilate, holding my hand on my heart.

"Baby? Hey hey hey, it's alright. It's just a nightmare.." Rafe says, holding me close to him.

I look at him, the scratches and bruises on his arms are gone. There's no blood spreading through his shirt.

I swear I was back in the hospital..

I look at him in shock, grabbing his arms. "What are you doing, baby?" He asks, holding my hand. ——————————————————————————
He's already dressed and awake..

"No, I swear they were right there.." I tell him, turning his arm frantically.

"What was there?" He asks. He holds my face, concerned. "The scratches and bruises.." I say, looking at his arms.

He sighs. "We'll figure it out." He says, pulling me in his arms. I close my eyes, a few tears drop from them.

It felt so real..

I take some time to calm down, slowly getting dressed and heading downstairs with Rafe. I see Mr Cameron, as he waves at me.

"Hey Madison, I didn't know you slept over last night." He says, taking a sip of his coffee. "Yeah, sorry.." I say, feeling guilt. ——————————————————————————
"It's no problem at all, I'm actually glad that you two are spending time together after.." He pauses, looking at me.

"Well, you know." He finishes, taking his cup of coffee to the living room.

Yeah, I know.

"I'll make you some breakfast, baby." Rafe says, pulling a chair out for me to sit. "Thank you.." I thank him, smiling weakly.

He makes some toast with jam and I finish it pretty quickly.

I was starving after last night.

"Let's head back upstairs, I want to talk to you about something." I nod, following him back to his room.

He closes the door and sits down with me on the bed. ——————————————————————————
"So I've been thinking, you've been going through a lot recently. I talked to your mom about the possibility of therapy. She thought it was something she'd like you to try, so I got a therapist for you." Rafe informs.

I look down, playing with my fingers, anxiously. "I know it's hard, baby. But I need you to try, can you do that for me?" Rafe asks, holding my head up.

Maybe therapy could work. It's helped a lot of people I know, so it's worth a shot.

I lift my head up, nodding. "Thank you. We have an appointment in half an hour so we have to leave now." He says, getting up from the bed.

He offers his hand, helping me get up. I delay, before reaching for his hand. "There we go." He says, grinning.

I don't know if this is a good idea, but what choice do I have? ——————————————————————————
I put on my shoes and coat while Rafe talks to his dad. He comes back and puts his coat on, grabbing his car keys.

"Alright, ready to go?" He asks, reaching for the door handle. I nod, walking out the front door.

I get in the passenger seat and Rafe settles in the drivers seat. Rafe starts driving, the rain patters down the my window.