𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖

"Why are you guys here?" I ask, crossing my arms.

Rafe seems more uncomfortable in this situation than the situation with my mother, it doesn't make sense to me.

"We just wanted to say hi and ask if you had protection." Jj answers.

"Protection? For?" I ask.

"That's what I said. Apparently, a girl is interested in screwing him!" John B bursts out laughing. "Shut up!" Jj says, smacking his arm.

I look at Rafe and shrug.

I reach into my bag and pull out a condom, handing it to him.

"Here." I hold it out for him and he takes it without hesitation. "Thanks, Mads." He says before running away.——————————————————————————
John B stand there. "Do you need anything?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Why didn't he go with Jj?

"No, I'm good." He responds.

There's an awkward silence for a minute, "Bye then." I finally say.

He gives us an awkward thumbs up as he walks away, the leaves crunching under his every step. I sigh and run my hands through my hair before lying back down.

Rafe gently moves me closer to him and kisses my forehead before wrapping his arms around me, holding me tightly.

I move to my side, closing my eyes and trying to take comfort in his embrace.

"Do you think he's lying?" I ask Rafe, looking up at the stars. "Definitely." He responds, chuckling. I laugh a little, smiling.——————————————————————————
I don't know, Jj has the tendency to pick up girls at parties..

I yawn, tiredly. "I think I'm going to head to sleep.." I say, closing my eyes.

He smiles and holds me closer to his body, kissing the top of my head.

The next morning, I wake up with the refreshing wind blowing on my face. I groan, turning on my stomach.

I feel a hand on my back, rubbing it gently.

"Mm.." I mumble, loving the feeling of whoever's hands are on me. I turn so I'm lying on my back and create a shield with my hand to block out the sun.

I open my eyes and blink a few times until my vision clears. "Morning, gorgeous.." Rafe says, hovering over my body.——————————————————————————
I don't think I look gorgeous when I wake up.

"Morning, babe.." I say, stretching my arms out.

"You slept well, I'm assuming?" He continues, raising an eyebrow.

"What makes you assume that.." I ask, slowly sitting up and put on my white sunglasses. "When I woke up, you were on top of me." He chuckles, swiping his thumb over my chin.

"How does that even happen?" I laugh, unbelievably.

"I don't know. You seemed pretty comfortable, though." He jokes, pushing me playfully.

I giggle a little and then stand up to see if I can spot anyone.

When I turn my head, I see Topper and Kelce talking while our friends are sitting by the shore, letting the water wash over their feet.——————————————————————————
We have a beach sleepover once a year, it's kind of a tradition that no one leaves until we all wake up and say goodbye.