𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

Rafe puts his arm around me, "Ready to go inside?" He asks, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I nod and we start to walk inside.

I'm kind of nervous..

I unlock my front door and see my mom in the kitchen. A bright smile forms on her face when she sees us.

She walks over to us and gives me a big hug, giving Rafe a hug and then Sarah. She pulls away, "How are you, kids?" She asks, knowing we must not be feeling good.

"Fine, I'm just going to miss grandma." I tell her. "I know, she doesn't want to leave either." My dad butts in.

My dad shakes Rafe's hand and then gives Sarah a hug.

I hear some shuffles and then see my grandmother walking towards us, I smile at her and then walk over to her to give her a big hug.——————————————————————————
She seems happy to see us.

"Hello, my dear.." she whispers, patting my back.

"Hey, grandma.." I answer. She gives everyone a hug and we sit down in the living room while my parents get some groceries for dinner.

"So, my friends are coming over to say goodbye to you before you go." I tell her, holding her hand. "Well, isn't that sweet?" She smiles, chuckling.

We talk for a while before our parents come back for dinner. All of a sudden, I hear aggressive repeated knocks on my front door.

"Who the hell is that?" I say, getting up from the couch. I open the door and someone walks in immediately.

"WHERE IS SHE? DID WE MISS IT?" John B yells, looking around frantically.

Come in, I guess?——————————————————————————
The others give me a wave and walk inside. "Chill, you didn't miss anything." I tell him, patting his shoulder.

"Thank god." He sighs of relief and then they take their shoes off.

"GRANDMA!" Kiara runs to my grandmother and throws her arms around her, excitedly. "Hello, my dear.." my grandma says in a loving tone.

I smile when the others run to her and swing their arms around her. "Careful, guys.." I laugh.

"Oh, that's alright." My grandma pats their backs and we all sit down on the couch. "I call sitting next to Grandma!" John B says.

"No, I'm sitting next to her!" Jj exclaims, putting his hands on his hips. "Like hell you are!" John B says, angrily.

They do realize they can just sit on both sides of her, right?——————————————————————————
"You can both sit on each side of her, alright? Problem solved." I roll my eyes at their immaturity.

They nod in agreement and shake hands.

I sigh and Sarah gives me an annoyed look. Rafe sits down on the couch and I sit down on his lap while he caresses my leg with his hand.

"I don't want you to leave." Kiara pouts, sadly. My grandma gives her a warm smile. "I love you all like my grandchildren." She tells everyone.

"That is the best thing anyone has ever told me." Sarah smiles, holding my grandmother's hand.

We continue talking for a few hours and then eventually my parents come back with some groceries.

I'm starving, I'm pretty sure we're having steak.

"Hey, kids. Can you help us with dinner?" My mom asks, putting some snacks in the pantry.——————————————————————————
"Sure, mom!" I answer, getting up.