ARK 5 Part 32

For the past few days, Ye Shicheng stayed in the hospital. Today's morning, just like usual, he had his breakfast and rested in the ward while taking care of some company affairs. Shortly afterward, Wang Hui and Ye Wei arrived to accompany him. The three chatted for a while, and Ye Wei also brought up the matter of being a donor for Ye Shicheng.

"Papa, let's schedule the operation as soon as possible. The doctor said the risk is not too big, so, Papa, don't worry. You will be fine soon. When you are discharged, our family can be together again."

Ye Shicheng was touched by Ye Wei's filial piety.

They already owe Ye Wei a lot. Up 'till today, she hadn't been at home for long; hadn't enjoyed a peaceful life. They hadn't paid their debt to her, and instead, they made another debt. Ye Shicheng couldn't let himself agree to her offer.

He always turned her down, saying, just wait for a little more and see, maybe if he waited for a while longer, another matching kidney could be found for him.

 Until the afternoon and lunch were over, Ye Shicheng raised a question, "Where is Yingying? Why haven't I seen her?"

Wang Hui remembered what Ye Ying said at the dining table this morning, and her smile loosened. Their family was in a precarious situation, Ye Shicheng was sick, but Ye Ying decided to play a temper by moving out without weighing their feelings. Somewhat, Ye Ying disappointed her.

"I don't know. She should be at home right now."

Ye Shicheng guessed something must have happened from Wang Hui's words, "What's the matter? Is there something wrong with Yingying?"

Wang Hui shook her head, "Nothing. It's all right. The most important thing now is your illness. When you are well, everything will be fine! Don't think too much, take a nap and rest."

Ye Shicheng was skeptical, but he knew that if Wang Hui refused to talk, he couldn't make her talk. It was until Wang Hui left the ward for the doctor did he ask Ye Wei, "Your Ma doesn't want to tell me. So, can Weiwei tell Papa what's happening at home?"

Ye Wei was put in an awkward position and didn't know how to speak up. Ye Shicheng nudged again, and Ye Wei had to say, 'I don't know what's going on. During breakfast, Meimei said that she want to leave the house and insisted on moving out. Mama persuaded her but Meimei wouldn't listen. Mama must still be said about it...'"

"What?!" exclaimed Ye Shicheng

He was short of breath, coughing as his emotion surged up.

Ye Wei deftly patted his back, "Papa, don't be angry. We all advised Meimei not to leave, but Meimei was headstrong, saying that she owed me and wanted to return everything that is rightfully mine...... Meimei should be blaming me, if I didn't come back, Meimei wouldn't have left. Papa. I'm sorry. It's my fault."

Ye Shicheng didn't expect this to happen. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. His face was stern with big dark patches under his eyes, "Nonsense!"

"Papa, calm down. I believe it is just Meimei's fleeting anger. Mama has persuaded her so much, Meimei also knows that you are in the hospital. There are many things happening at home, and Meimei is so sensible and considerate. She is so kind, she will definitely not leave. She will come to see you soon."

Ye Shicheng was soothed by her words. Ye Ying was undoubtedly sensible and considerate. He was currently hospitalized, she shouldn't be so uncaring and leave the house at this juncture. Besides, why would she want to leave their home? She had no reason to leave them.

Ye Shicheng opted to wait for Ye Ying's visit. However, until dinner was finished, Ye Ying was nowhere to be seen. He was let down.

And so was Wang Hui.