ARK 4 Part 10

At night, the moment Cao Heng saw Ye Wei, the guilt in his heart surged again by the pure joy on her face as she saw him, a "close friend".

"Cao Heng-ge, long time no see. How have you been? Are you well?" Ye Wei was particularly enthusiastic about this Supporting Cast colleague of her, "... You don't seem to be well. Look, you have two more wrinkles at the corners of your eyes!"

Cao Heng grazed his eyes involuntarily and gasped in surprise, "For real? I have wrinkles? I'm only twenty-five!"

Ye Wei nodded sympathetically, "Have ah. You must have been working too hard."

Ye Wei understood Cao Heng's predicament very well. After all, she was stuck between the Male Lead and the Female Lead. Every day is hard work for her. Similarly, her presence here now meant that the work of this colleague of hers was not up to standard. He couldn't meet the standard, which meant that his work must be harder than her.

Really not easy ah.

She sent a sympathetic gaze at him and cheered him on in her heart.

Cao Heng was nearly malding. As the second rich generation, he only knew how to feast and have fun every day. When ought he even do any hard work? It's all Xu Chi's fault! If it weren't for Xu Chi, where would he worry about his wrinkles!

He glared hatefully at Xu Chi and Xu Chi delivered a gaze colder than the Artic at him.

Cao Heng, "......"

Cao Heng, "All is fine, all is fine. Let's go in. Ye Wei, in order to celebrate your holiday, I opened several bottles of my precious red wine. You must have a drink later."

Ye Wei nodded expectantly, "I will!"

They followed him to the private room of the restaurant. At the moment, there were not only Ye Wei and Xu Chi, but also several friends of Cao Heng who were close to him. Liang Ruowei sat in the middle of the group. She was focusing on her phone. When she noticed them, she looked up and smiled politely, equivalent to a greeting.

Ye Wei beamed when she saw Liang Ruowei, "Ruowei-jie, long time no see."

Liang Ruowei smiled back, "Long time no see."

She peeked at Xu Chi and found that Xu Chi hadn't paid any attention to her since he came in.

She retracted her gaze and stopped looking at him.

Cao Heng moved his eyes at the cold Xu Chi, then at the worried Liang, then lastly at the clueless and pleased Ye Wei. He shut his eyes as he felt waves of headache. He prayed silently to God, hoping they could finish the dinner in peace.

And of course, contrary to his prayer, something happened.

And, again, of course, the main culprits were Liang Ruowei and Xu Chi.

A while back, Liang Ruowei went outside to answer a call, coincidentally Xu Chi just come back from the bathroom and the two met in the corridor.

Liang Ruowei wryly smiled, "A'Chi, you don't have to hide from me like this. I'm not so shameless to the point I will pester you at every turn."

Xu Chi glanced at her, "Mn."

Liang Ruowei was a bit disappointed. Although she kept telling herself that it is already the best that she could retry all this again and get another opportunity to seize Xu Chi back to her side, her sadness couldn't be restrained. It was like, no matter how hard she tried, Xu Chi's mind wouldn't change.

Liang Ruowei pursed her lips, "A'Chi, let me ask you one last question."

Xu Chi frowned, "What do you want to ask?"